v2 Debugger?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
swagfag

v2 Debugger?

18 Jun 2018, 10:52

full disclosure im being lazy here and havent thoroughly looked into it, but i thought id post, before diving head first chasing something that might in the end not even amount to anything

im looking for something akin to this, but for v2: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... 61&t=34398
setting breakpoints, stepping through, debug vars and call stack

does anybody happen to have a working solution already?
swagfag

Re: v2 Debugger?

18 Jun 2018, 17:09

so here are my findings:

i tried https://autohotkey.com/docs/AHKL_DBGPCl ... ebugClient out. It works, but honestly not a big fan. Downloaded the binary, ran it, ran a script from the terminal with the /Debug flag on, it got picked up immediately no issues there. U can set breakpoints, step in, over and out of functions, there's a call stack, but looking at the variable has to be the hugest PITA ever. U have to select them and hit 'Inspect' and i couldnt find a way to have them update automatically.
Verdict: 2/10, 4/10 if u just need it for a quick step through

ive settled for this workaround instead: Downloaded https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... 61&t=34398 anew.
Amended SciTeUser.properties not to include _platform.properties, but rather:
Spoiler
So far its been working without a hitch, but ill be monitoring it still. i noticed in the config files for Scite that there was some mention of conditional platform configurations, but i cant devote any more time investigating it rn and although admittedly it
is borderline the dumbest possible solution i could come up with in a jiffy, it works. Nonetheless, if u got any cleverer solutions, feel free to share them.
lexikos

18 Jun 2018, 18:59

SciTE4AutoHotkey is already equipped to support v2 via the platform selector. You just have to put the executable files where it will find them.
.condplat v2(x86) FileExist, %AhkDir%\v2-alpha\x86\AutoHotkey.exe
.condplat v2(x64) FileExist, %AhkDir%\v2-alpha\x64\AutoHotkey.exe
... or you can change the paths in platforms.properties, as I have done.

It should also work if you replace the main AutoHotkey files with v2 files. Parts of SciTE4AutoHotkey are v1 scripts, but they use InternalAHK.exe to run.
swagfag

22 Jun 2018, 18:59

i wont dwell on the fact how i had, apparently for years, remained unaware of the presence of this button Image. my brain must have been filtering it out or smth
anyway, disregard the aforementioned jury-rigged solution as it is indeed rather stupid, following your advice on .condplat i used this v2 script to generate symlinks:

Code: Select all

pathScite := FileSelect(0, A_AhkPath, "Locate your 'SciTE.exe' executable.", "SciTE.exe")
rootScite := RegExReplace(pathScite, "^(.*)\\SciTE\\SciTE\.exe$", "$1")
SplitPath(A_AhkPath, , rootV2)
DirDelete(rootScite "\v2-alpha", 1)
Run(Format("
		(RTrim0 Join
			*RunAs {1:} /k
			mkdir v2-alpha\x86 &&
			mkdir v2-alpha\x64 &&
			mklink v2-alpha\x86\AutoHotkey.exe "{2:}\AutoHotkeyU32.exe" &&
			mklink v2-alpha\x64\AutoHotkey.exe "{2:}\AutoHotkeyU64.exe"
		)", A_ComSpec, rootV2), rootScite)

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”