Custom DropDownList Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
kyuuuri

Custom DropDownList

23 May 2018, 13:06

hello, is there a way to make a custom dropdownlist?
For example:
Instead of the default one: Image
Something like this:

Tried searching in the forum and reading the docs but couldn't find any answer about custom dropdownlists.

Thank you!
kczx3

Re: Custom DropDownList

23 May 2018, 20:57

Most of your screenshots look like drop down lists from a webpage. But you can certainly draw your own. See MSDN https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... wner_drawn
kyuuuri

24 May 2018, 12:08

Sorry for being a noob but, how do i use this to draw a custom dropdownlist. The link is broken so i searched and found this https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... s.85).aspx
I don't know where to start reading to understand how to reproduce that in my ahk code.

Thank You
kczx3

Re: Custom DropDownList  Topic is solved

24 May 2018, 17:49

Not many people on this forum do know how to do CustomDraw. And it also isn't that reliable when done from AHK. Here is an example that user 'just me' wrote for drawing DropDownList items that contain tabs in the text. All credits go to 'just me'.

Code: Select all

#NoEnv
SetBatchLines, -1
; ==================================================================================================================================
; The following two variables must be set according to the most recent Gui, Font, ... command before the control is created by
; Gui, Add, ... If the default font is used, leave them empty. (see also OD_MeasureItem())
GuiFontName := "Arial"
GuiFontOpts := ""
; ==================================================================================================================================
; Message handlers for owner drawing
OnMessage(0x002C, "ODDDL_MeasureItem") ; WM_MEASUREITEM
OnMessage(0x002B, "ODDDL_DrawItem")    ; WM_DRAWITEM
DDLContent =
(Join|
Big, Empty Plugin`t`t`t`t- Doesn't do anything, just takes up space and helps test scrollable GUIs
Code Runner`t`t`t`t`t- Runs AHK code when you press an Input Button|
GameBind Toogler`t`t`t`t- Makes binding outputs to game functions easier by introducing a delay
Profile Switcher`t`t`t`t`t- Changes to a named profile whem you hit an Input Button.
Remapper (Mouse Axis To Joystick Axis)`t`t- Converts mouse input delty information into two joystick axes
)
Gui, Margin, 10, 10
Gui, Font, %GuiFontOpts%, %GuiFontName%
; Important: You have to add the CBS_OWNERDRAWFIXED (0x0010) as well as the CBS_HASSTRINGS (0x0200) style
Gui, Add, DDL, w600 vDDL hwndHDDL +0x0210, %DDLContent%
Gui, Add, Button, x+10 yp vBtn, Button
Gui, Add, DDL, xm w600, %DDLContent%
GuiControlGet, Btn, Pos
GuiControlGet, DDL, Pos
Y := DDLY + ((BtnH - DDLH) // 2)
GuiControl, Move, DDL, y%Y%
Gui, Show, , Test
GuiControl, MoveDraw, DDL ; needed to ensure that the control will shown properly after the first Gui, Show, ...
Return
GuiClose:
ExitApp
; Sent to the parent window of an owner-drawn DDL when a visual aspect of the combo box has changed.
; WM_DRAWITEM      -> msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb775923(v=vs.85).aspx
; DRAWITEMSTRUCT   -> msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb775802(v=vs.85).aspx
ODDDL_DrawItem(wParam, lParam) {
   Static DCBrush := DllCall("GetStockObject", "Int", 18, "UPtr") ; DC_BRUSH
   ; Background and text colors for selected and default states
   Static DefBkgClr := 0xFFFFFF ; white
   Static DefTxtClr := 0x000000 ; black
   Static SelBkgClr := 0xFBF1E5 ; Win 10 selection color
   Static SelTxtClr := 0x000000 ; black
   ; OD actions
   Static ODA := {DrawEntire: 1, Select: 2, Focus: 4}
   ; OD states
   Static ODS := {SELECTED: 0x0001, COMBOBOXEDIT: 0x1000}
   ; OD types
   Static ODT := {Menu: 2, ListBox: 2, ComboBox: 3, Button: 4, Static: 5, Header: 100, Tab: 101, ListView: 102}
   ; lParam -> DRAWITEMSTRUCT offsets
   Static OffType := 0
        , OffItem := 8
        , OffAction := OffItem + 4
        , OffState := OffAction + 4
        , OffHWND := OffState + A_PtrSize
        , OffHDC := OffHWND + A_PtrSize
        , OffRECT := OffHDC + A_PtrSize
   Type := NumGet(lParam + OffType, "UInt")
   , Item := NumGet(lParam + OffItem, "Int")
   , State := Numget(lParam + OffState, "UInt")
   , HWND := NumGet(lParam + OffHWND, "UPtr")
   , HDC := NumGet(lParam + OffHDC, "UPtr")
   , RECT := lParam + OffRECT
   If (State & ODS.SELECTED) || (State & ODS.COMBOBOXEDIT) { ; it's either the selection field or a selected item
      DCBrushColor := SelBkgClr
      TxtColor := SelTxtClr
   }
   Else {
      DCBrushColor := DefBkgClr
      TxtColor := DefTxtClr
   }
   DllCall("SetDCBrushColor", "Ptr", HDC, "UInt", DCBrushColor, "UInt")
   , DllCall("FillRect", "Ptr", HDC, "Ptr", RECT, "Ptr", DCBrush)
   , DllCall("SetBkMode", "Ptr", HDC, "Int", 1) ; TRANSPARENT
   , DllCall("SetTextColor", "Ptr", HDC, "Int", TxtColor) ; black
   If !(State & ODS.COMBOBOXEDIT)
      DllCall("InflateRect", "Ptr", RECT, "Int", -2, "Int", 0)
   If (Item >= 0) {
      TxtLen := DllCall("SendMessage", "Ptr", HWND, "UInt", 0x0149, "Ptr", Item, "Ptr", 0, "Ptr") ; CB_GETLBTEXTLEN
      , VarSetCapacity(Txt, TxtLen << !!A_IsUnicode, 0)
      , DllCall("SendMessage", "Ptr", HWND, "UInt", 0x0148, "Ptr", Item, "Ptr", &Txt) ; CB_GETLBTEXT
      ; Low-order byte of uFormat:  DT_VCENTER | DT_EXPANDTABS | DT_EXPANDTABS | DT_TABSTOP
      ; High-order byte of uFormat: The number of characters for each tab. The default number of characters per tab is eight.
      , DllCall("DrawText", "Ptr", HDC, "Str", Txt, "Int", -1, "Ptr", RECT, "UInt", 0x00E4)
   }
   Return True
}
; Sent once to the parent window of an OWNERDRAWFIXED DDL when the control is being created. When the owner receives this message,
; the system has not yet determined the height and width of the font used in the control. That is why you have to set the global
; variables GuiFontName and GuiFontOpts to the name and the options of the most recent Gui, Font, ... command before you add the
; control via Gui, Add, ...
; WM_MEASUREITEM      -> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb775925(v=vs.85).aspx
; MEASUREITEMSTRUCT   -> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb775804(v=vs.85).aspx
ODDDL_MeasureItem(wParam, lParam, Msg, Hwnd) {
   ; lParam -> MEASUREITEMSTRUCT offsets
   Static OffHeight := 16
   Global GuiFontName, GuiFontOpts
   Gui, MeasureItemGUI:Font, %GuiFontOpts%, %GuiFontName%
   Gui, MeasureItemGUI:Add, ListBox, hwndHLB, 1|2|3
   ItemHeight := DllCall("SendMessage", "Ptr", HLB, "UInt", 0x01A1, "Ptr", 0, "Ptr", 0, "Int") + 2
   Gui, MeasureItemGUI:Destroy
   NumPut(ItemHeight, lParam + 0, OffHeight, "Int")
   Return True
}
kyuuuri

24 May 2018, 20:35

Thank you for that, i'm sure i will use it later, but for now in this script i think i won't include it. Thanks for the help, you teached me something very interesting and useful.

Thank you, topic can be closed now.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”