Debug with Sublime Text

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Phatricko

Debug with Sublime Text

13 Nov 2015, 12:21

I have always developed in Notepad++ using the DBGp plugin (http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/AHKL_DBG ... BGp_Plugin). I recently switched to Sublime Text so I am trying to get the debugger to work in there. I installed the Xdebug Client package, set a breakpoint, and started the debugger then ran the AHK script with the /Debug flag, nothing. After fiddling with the package configuration I managed to get it to break on the first line and show some variables but it won't let me step through and set breakpoints or do anything useful.

FYI to get it to catch on the first line I had to set the following properties in the settings file:

{
"ide_key": "",
"break_on_start": true
}

Any help is appreciated! I'm loving Sublime, this is the first feature I've found that N++ has it beat in (for now).
Phatricko

Re: Debug with Sublime Text

01 Aug 2016, 16:16

Still looking for a solution to this problem, has anyone done debugging with Sublime?
egocarib

22 Dec 2016, 17:36

This looks similar to the DBGp plugin for Notepad++, but I can't figure out how to get it to work for debugging AHK in Sublime Text.

https://github.com/martomo/SublimeTextXdebug

I know it's close to working, because when I select Start Debugging in Xdebug, and then I run my script with the /Debug option, I see a notification: "Xdebug: Connected" in the sublime text status bar. When my script finishes running, I then see the notification: "Xdebug: finished executing file on server. Reload page to continue debugging." (which I assume is because it's intended for PHP). However, it never stops at any of my breakpoints and the watches don't seem to work either. Not sure what else I need to do to make it work.

Anyone have any hints?
egocarib

24 Sep 2017, 09:39

I remain hopeful!

Anyone happened to have figured this out yet? :D
Cerberus

28 Jan 2018, 02:57

egocarib wrote:I remain hopeful!

Anyone happened to have figured this out yet? :D
I haven't! It seems Sublime Text Xdebug just doesn't interact with the code from the Autohotkey script that I'm trying to debug. The debugger does seem to connect to Autohotkey: the state of the variables and the stack are shown correctly in the Xdebug panels in Sublime Text at the beginning. But nothing is added to the stack as I click "run" from de Sublime Text Xdebug menu. And the breakpoints don't work, as mentioned above. Is there anything else we could try?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”