Lost

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
MatrixFXNinja

Lost

24 Nov 2015, 22:24

Hi..Im new to Autohotkey

Im just wondering how I can play a video in vlc or other video formats eg.MP4 with one key press?

Is it possible to do this in a autohotkey script?

If not, does autohtkey.com know of any other scripting languages that can help me?

I would really appreciate an answer to my problem or some type of referral to another website. Greatly appreciated

Can anybody help me please?
wolf_II

Re: Lost

25 Nov 2015, 01:05

Try this:

Code: Select all

VideoFile := A_Desktop "\Test.mp4"
F12:: Run, %A_ProgramFiles% (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe %VideoFile%
I hope that helps.
MatrixFXNinja

AHK HTML Application

30 Nov 2015, 21:13

If I wanted to apply the AHK script above in an HTML5 document, how would I do this?

How would I be able to play a video in an HTML5 document with one key press?

Would the 'Javascript' tag have something to do with this or some other tag?

Is this actually possible to do? And if so, how would I do this?

:crazy:
Exaskryz

30 Nov 2015, 21:17

Well... it's possible I suppose. You need to automate someway of retrieving the HTML5 video that's on your webpage - tricky to do in a nice smooth motion, but possible if you want clunky dialog windows. Or if you can use Internet Explorer and using COM, it may be easier.

Anyway, what your objective would be is to get the URL for the HTML5 video - in an instance like YouTube, just the whole page is fine because VLC has built-in support to find the video on that page - and then run the URL into VLC. I Don't know if wolf_II's syntax works for that - it probably does though. I know that if you go into VLC and press Ctrl+N, a Network Stream dialog appears which can be an option for playing your video.
MatrixFXninja

06 Dec 2015, 04:33

wolf_II wrote:Try this:

Code: Select all

VideoFile := A_Desktop "\Test.mp4"
F12:: Run, %A_ProgramFiles% (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe %VideoFile%
I hope that helps.
Hey Wolf, Sorry to be a pain in the *#!! But just wondering- how do I write the above script in AHK notepad and how do I test it? Just got through the tutorial in AHK. Just. Copied and pasted your script into it- minus the obvious. I know, completely noob right?

Thank you :eh:
MatrixFXninja

06 Dec 2015, 04:41

Exaskryz wrote:Well... it's possible I suppose. You need to automate someway of retrieving the HTML5 video that's on your webpage - tricky to do in a nice smooth motion, but possible if you want clunky dialog windows. Or if you can use Internet Explorer and using COM, it may be easier.

Anyway, what your objective would be is to get the URL for the HTML5 video - in an instance like YouTube, just the whole page is fine because VLC has built-in support to find the video on that page - and then run the URL into VLC. I Don't know if wolf_II's syntax works for that - it probably does though. I know that if you go into VLC and press Ctrl+N, a Network Stream dialog appears which can be an option for playing your video.

Awesome, thanks for that. Your advice and Wolfs do connect in relation to my project. I need to find out how to do Wolf's script then use your advice and apply both in HTML5.

:P

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”