please help. AHK bugged?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Bazokaman

please help. AHK bugged?

12 Jan 2016, 07:54

Hi. I need help, im going nuts. I spent several hours trying to understand how this whole thing works, but now it doesnt make sense anymore.

Code: Select all

$6::
send ~{f1}
sleep 100
send {6}
sleep 357
return
!Esc::Suspend, Toggle
>>>> i managed to get this code writen and working fine. Basically what it does click a key very fast before tha actual key is pressed so i dont have to do this manually, i just click the second key, instead of both, one after the other quite fast.

Then i dived deeper into this coding world of autohotkey (i have nothing to do with this computers world at all so it took me quite a few time to understand anything.
And i wrote this after researching on the forums. Basically to add a random delay within e threshold.

Code: Select all

$6::
send ~{f1}
RandSleep(80,100)
send {6}
sleep 357
return

RandSleep(x,y) {
Random, rand, %x%, %y%
Sleep %rand%
}

!Esc::Suspend, Toggle
ok so i close / reload the code a few time till i got it perfectly working. When suddenly i load it once more and it starts hiting '4' when i press '6'

i was like, what the fuck ??
i though it was bugged or something? dont know if that even possible. So i rewrite it in a brand new script created from scratch, and it still did the same.
reinstalled autohotkey, still the same
rebooted the laptop a few times, reinstalled again, still the same
even made a brand new script again and rewrote it manually again after reinstalling x times, and suddenly not only it hits '4' but this one hits '4' + '1' WTF????

the code is the same everytime?

this is driving me nuts, quite desperate after all this work (yes for me it was a huge effort lol, i know nothing about coding or anything even close) My computer has gone mad? ??

i dont have any other sort of scripting program or anything similar, its absolutelly the first time i use anything similar

PLEASE !!

ty
evilC

Re: please help. AHK bugged?

13 Jan 2016, 08:50

send ~{f1}
You can't send the tilde (~) modifier.
~ means "Do not block this input". You cannot send that.
Your code is literally trying to press the ~ key, then send F1.
Seeing as typing ~ requires shift (At least on a UK keyboard it does), it is probably holding shift too.
No idea why it is sending 4 though. What language keyboard do you have? What key is ~ on?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”