cannot install AHK Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Deathschi

cannot install AHK

12 Mar 2016, 21:37

Okay. I cannot install AHK. I'm following the tutorial and when i click download, the file goes to the bottom of my screen, like it's downloading, except when it's finished, nothing happens. I am on Windows 10. Whenever i click the file, the file is removed. Please help.

When i download it, it goes to the bottom, as seen - but nothing opens
https://gyazo.com/f293b9c0f0f4f3e286c8efc9a3622bf4

Next, when i click on it to try to open it, this happens..
https://gyazo.com/1a14be29dae66b680a855200988a4a2d

It starts to load, and then it says "removed" and shortly after disappears from the bottom of my screen.
Xtra

Re: cannot install AHK  Topic is solved

12 Mar 2016, 23:15

Possibly a AntiVirus or AntiMalware tool removing it.
I've seen these kind of tools remove ahk downloads even when there is no threat.
I have also seen infected machines attach malicious code into downloads and then the AV tools remove the download.

Its more then likely one of the 2.

HTH
lifeweaver

Re: cannot install AHK

18 Mar 2016, 08:41

I'm having a similar problem, however I've downloaded AutoHotkey as of v1.1.22.07 so I know I could.
It's not like I can turn off my AV as I'm at work, does anyone know if something has change about the exe since v1.1.22.07?
lexikos

Re: cannot install AHK

18 Mar 2016, 22:18

You can try installing v1.1.22.07 and then running Update.ahk. It updates the compiler, help file and whichever AutoHotkey*.exe you use to run the script (but not the others).

Alternatively, you can download the binaries, compiler and help file directly; see "Portable Downloads" on the download page.

Something changes about the installer exe in every release, or there wouldn't be a point in the release. Any change in the executable is enough to trigger an AV false positive. However, is your AV actually reporting a detection? If not, perhaps its not a false (or true) positive, just a faulty AV. If you're not the system admin, there's not much you can do, since you probably can't even confirm the AV is the problem (i.e. to report the problem to the vendor with confidence).

If you're interested, see this post for my most recent analysis of the false positive situation.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”