How to capture trackman marble mouse special buttons?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
ILoveAHK

How to capture trackman marble mouse special buttons?

15 Mar 2016, 17:26

Hello

I am using Trackman marble mouse from logitech.
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/produ ... man-marble

This is a great mouse but lacks scrolling wheel. In spite of that, it's pretty good mouse.

I want to capture special buttons on mouse.

Following works for all other mice but not ror Trackman...
;Not really helping with TrackMan Marble.
XButton1::WheelDown
XButton2::WheelUp

I tried to capture mouseclick for special button which using "Key History and Script Info" but that doesn't give anything..

Is there anything else left to do?

Thanks

Pravin
Xtra

Re: How to capture trackman marble mouse special buttons?

15 Mar 2016, 22:18

Try running your script as Admin.
evilC

16 Mar 2016, 08:21

Are you running SetPoint?
If so, you may need to change the button mappings to "Generic Button" in order for AHK to recognize them as XButton1/2.

Last time I used SetPoint, you had to do this for the "Default" profile - it was not possible for per-application profiles to override this setting for a button.
ILoveAHK

27 Jul 2016, 14:31

Xtra wrote:Try running your script as Admin.
Yes, I am using admin mode. doesn't help.
ILoveAHK

27 Jul 2016, 14:33

evilC wrote:Are you running SetPoint?
If so, you may need to change the button mappings to "Generic Button" in order for AHK to recognize them as XButton1/2.

Last time I used SetPoint, you had to do this for the "Default" profile - it was not possible for per-application profiles to override this setting for a button.

Yes, using SetPoint. The problem is mouse is a custom hardware and it's buttons are not recognized by Key history in Autohtokey.
evilC

27 Jul 2016, 15:03

ILoveAHK wrote:Yes, using SetPoint. The problem is mouse is a custom hardware
It's a modified mouse?

Did you look in SetPoint for the "Generic Button" setting?

Setpoint does something odd by default, I think it maps those buttons to "Browser Back" and "Browser Forward".
It's only when you set those buttons to "Generic Button" that they start reliably working as XButton1/2
xtian170174

18 Feb 2018, 10:39

I have a Trackman Marble, it would be great to have the additional option to use button 3 &/or 4 [as named by SetPoint] so that it works like a shift key, effectively a dead man switch which converts the trackball to wheel direction when used.
You may argue that it does this already, but rather it is a toggle to that effect, you switch it on and off as opposed to it being on only when the button remains pressed, and it does not work at all in Sketchup - I am asking Logitech about it but three people have written back three times without much progress. I believe it can be overcome using AHK and I'm seeking to accomplish it by reading up on the subject in these forums, any pointers greatly appreciated - it's a brilliant mouse in every respect, yet this added function would be a cherry on top where the wheel performs an important 'zoom to cursor' function in Sketchup.
evilC

18 Feb 2018, 11:52

I have code which will do that, as long as the buttons can be seen by AHK.
When you say "Button 3 & 4", you mean the two "extended" buttons of a mouse? ie what would normally be "Forward" and "Back"?

Try this code to identify if AHK can see those buttons.

Code: Select all

~MButton::
~XButton1::
~XButton2::
	msgbox % A_ThisHotkey
	return

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”