MIDI

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
genmce

MIDI

29 Mar 2016, 07:57

Hello,

In the old forum I collected a variety of snippets of code, from a variety of people that (marginally) worked on AHK vanilla (basic) whatever it is currently called.
The code not very well commented. I would like to help bring this forward into the -L / new versions.
I would like some help with this task.
Once it's working I or someone else can create a post in the scripts forum.
Is anyone interested in moving this forward?
Midi stuff from archived site. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxFU8 ... mhPNjcyWEE
It is a bit of a mess. I need help cleaning it up to use in AHK - L
genmce

Re: MIDI

29 Mar 2016, 12:50

Ok see my signature for the old versions of these programs....
Midi stuff from archived site. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxFU8 ... mhPNjcyWEE
It is a bit of a mess. I need help cleaning it up to use in AHK - L
dzhidaj

24 May 2016, 00:37

I'm novice with ahk and this project, but very interested! U've done cool job! Thank you! Just diving to all these files, reading your comments. If I understand more - maybe I can help with cleaning, but I'm just learning..

Now I'm stucked a little bit with chineze symbols in the names of my midi in/out ports.. Diving in further :)
lmstearn

22 Sep 2017, 08:05

@genmce: It's actually quite a major undertaking. Was considering participating, but TBQH there's enough programs out there that do the job well enough. I am a Reaper subscriber, actually.
However there's very good resource out there, e.g . the fourthwoods tutorial and all you want to know on the midi format.
Perhaps it's a better idea to provide an alternative to Coolsoft VirtualMidiSynth's answer to Microsoft's abandoned Midimapper where it's possible to use soundfonts in midi playback, for example.
:arrow: itros "ylbbub eht tuO kaerB" a ni kcuts m'I pleH
genmce

12 May 2020, 10:44

This has been resolved and I made a github a while back, forgot to post it here.
https://github.com/genmce/AHK_Generic-Midi-Program
Still a work in progress, however, the showing of properly formatted midi devices is fixed.

I would edit my signature as it does not have most recent versions, but I can't figure out how to edit my sig??
However, my signature doesn't even show up anymore... hmmm..
BoBo

12 May 2020, 11:41

I would edit my signature as it does not have most recent versions, but I can't figure out how to edit my sig??
If you mean that your signature should contain a link, but that will be broken every time you (re) configure it? AFAICS, moderators aren't able to fix a member's signature. So, if that's the case you would have to request an admin to fix it on your behalf. Except for the links, everything should be working fine!? UserControlPanel > Profile > Edit Signature

Rgds,
BoBo
genmce

12 May 2020, 12:03

I have added a new repository on github for Midi2Keypress
It will convert a midi note on, cc, pc, note off, to a keypress

This is meant to simplify the process with
1 file for midi input, no includes.

https://github.com/genmce/AHK_Midi2Keypress
Last edited by genmce on 12 May 2020, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
genmce

12 May 2020, 12:05

BoBo wrote:
12 May 2020, 11:41
If you mean that your signature should contain a link, but that will be broken every time you (re) configure it? AFAIKS, moderators aren't able to fix a member's signature. So, if that's the case you would have to request an admin to fix it on your behalf. Except for the links, everything should be working fine!? UserControlPanel > Profile > Edit Signature

Rgds,
BoBo
In my usercontrolpanel>profile>I don't have edit sig.
gregster

12 May 2020, 15:58

genmce wrote:
12 May 2020, 12:05
In my usercontrolpanel>profile>I don't have edit sig.
Sorry, the possibility to use a signature was removed for new users (that includes older users with very low post counts, I think < 10 posts), because their signatures were regularly abused for spam links - obviously not in your case.
BoBo

13 May 2020, 00:59

@genmce Thx for sharing your tool! Much appreciated 8-) Without having done a pre-check, have you already created a 'promotion'-thread for your tool at the Scripts & Functions section of this forum?? If not, please feel free to do it now, as more people should have a chance to see the result(s) of your effort.

Thx for listening & have fun! :thumbup:
BoBo

8-)
witor

28 Aug 2020, 17:06

@genmce When I use this tool I can no longer use my keyboard to interact with musics learning software (piano marvel)

Is there a way to have my keyboard working with other software but when I press a specific key on the keyboard to have a keystroke send?
necomerx

09 Jan 2021, 18:26

Thanks genmce, this seems like a nice script. I want to use my midi controller inputs as hotkeys and since i'm knew to the scripting world i don't know much how to translate the midi inputs into keystrokes. Can you or somebody explain how this works. I configurate my midi input port and can monitor the incoming messages from my controller but then i don't know how i can translate them into keystrokes (or other command like mouse mouvement if that possible). I always only work with the software Bome Midi translator pro that is doing a wonderful work but feel it sometimes have some limitations.
necomerx

09 Jan 2021, 18:38

witor wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 17:06
@genmce When I use this tool I can no longer use my keyboard to interact with musics learning software (piano marvel)

Is there a way to have my keyboard working with other software but when I press a specific key on the keyboard to have a keystroke send?
Hi man,
i suppose you are on windows and it is not midi multi-client capable. That's means that midi cannot be shared with multiple programs. The first program that open your midi device gonna lock it and you have to disable it from that program to let another one use it. To Fix that you have to use a virtual midi cable that can be used by all your software at the same time like loopmidi https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html. And use a software also like midiOx http://www.midiox.com/ To route your midi device to the virtual cable (loopmidi) and now you have to always choose the virtual cable loopmidi in your softwares or your scripts.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”