AHK Auto Formatter?

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
LazyMan

AHK Auto Formatter?

30 Jan 2014, 00:36

Auto-Syntax-Tidy v12 does not seem to be available now. :| Is there another auto formatter for AHK? Or perhaps you still use AHKTidy and could post it here? Thanks.
LazyMan

Re: AHK Auto Formatter?

31 Jan 2014, 21:13

TLM found it and credited tidbit: Auto-Syntax-Tidy.ahk

Thanks again :D
Remonell

23 Jan 2018, 18:35

Hi, if you still have it, could you please reupload it somewhere?
FanaticGuru

23 Jan 2018, 18:44

Remonell wrote:Hi, if you still have it, could you please reupload it somewhere?

Here it is but I don't believe it works with the current version of AutoHotkey.

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] (Untitled.ahk)GeSHi © Codebox Plus

FG
Hotkey Help - Help Dialog for Currently Running AHK Scripts

AHK Startup - Consolidate Multiply AHK Scripts with one Tray Icon

Google Search, Dictionary, Thesaurus - Quickly Get Information from Specific Web Resources

[Function] Timer - Create and Manage Timers
toralf n-l-i

24 Jan 2018, 01:03

Dear all,

The Problem ist that the script requires to read the Syntax file, see ReadSyntaxFiles.
They were present at that time of ahk Version. They are no more.
Don't know if I will find the time to modify the code to make it work again.
BoBo

24 Jan 2018, 01:22

toralf n-l-i wrote:Dear all,

The Problem ist that the script requires to read the Syntax file, see ReadSyntaxFiles.

Hi toralf :thumbup: schön mal wieder einen 'alten' AHK veteranen zu sehn 8-)
toralf

24 Jan 2018, 01:46

Hi BoBo,
the last years I've moved around the globe but have always been here (at least reading/scanning the active topics). I also recognized that you "came back" after a period of silence. :) So I can say the same: Schön von Dir wieder zu lesen.
ciao
toralf
Remonell

01 Mar 2018, 01:19

toralf n-l-i wrote:Dear all,

Hi,
a lot of AHK coder would probably apprecciate it a lot (me included). I don't want to sound rude or anything, but would you do it if you get a certain amount of money for it? I was thinking about that all of the forums users raise some money (you have to tell us an amount). If the money gets raised, fine. If not, then thats what it is. Just an idea since money is definitely a motivation to me (bills gotta be paid).

P.S.: Ihr beiden seid zuckersüß :D
BoBo

01 Mar 2018, 05:40

Keyword :arrow: syntax. Well, slightly of topic ... can anyone explain to me why it seems so fundamental that the AHK interpreter is only allowing OTB with the generic Loop-command but not for its derivates (..., Files/Parse) ??

Code: [Select all] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

Loop, 3 {                   ; fine
}

Loop, Files, C:\*.txt { ; illegal. But shouldn't be a problem here.
}

Loop, Parse, Var, `n { ; illegal. No, I doubt that someone is using a single { char as a delimiter/OmitChar that often. If necessary why not fore to escape it `{ like it has to be done for a comma?
}

Thx for listening/reading. If that feature/adjustment could be made to AHK 1.1.2x I'd drink a few beers on the developers' behalf (OR if (s)he's around, and is begging for a hug ... :D )
Stenemo
Facebook: Stenemo
GitHub: MarkusStenemo

15 Apr 2018, 04:08

Remonell wrote:Hi,
a lot of AHK coder would probably apprecciate it a lot (me included). I don't want to sound rude or anything, but would you do it if you get a certain amount of money for it? I was thinking about that all of the forums users raise some money (you have to tell us an amount). If the money gets raised, fine. If not, then thats what it is.

I completely agree! I found this thread after looking for a Visual Studio Code specific formater https://github.com/stef-levesque/vscode-autohotkey/issues/13. Since Visual Studio Code is getting more traction it would be great if that effort was put there if it is impossible to update the auto formater script to work.
jeeswg

19 Apr 2018, 07:12

- I've attempted to update the syntax txt files here:
AutoHotkey syntax lists (text files) - AutoHotkey Community
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=47603
- If someone wants to create a variants (a zip) of the txt files for use with this script, that's fine. I tried to keep the files very similar in nature to the originals. But if there are drop-down menus/autocorrect etc used by the script, I could imagine that tweaks to the lists might be desirable.
Remonell

03 May 2018, 20:38

I found something. I don't know if you guys stumbled upon it already. https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=300

AHK-Studio. An AHK IDE with auto-format, syntax-highlighting and lots of other nice features. It is a huge improvement compared to all the other editors I have tried.

Return to “Ask For Help”