Send {WheelLeft} doesn't work

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Skye

Send {WheelLeft} doesn't work

17 May 2016, 10:45

I have the newest AHK version and Win7, so according to the documentation it SHOULD work, but it doesn't.

This works:

RButton & WheelUp::
Process, Exist, SetPoint.exe
if(errorlevel)
Tooltip, blah
else
Send, {Volume_Down}
return

This doesn't:

RButton & WheelUp::
Process, Exist, SetPoint.exe
if(errorlevel)
Send {WheelLeft}
else
Send, {Volume_Down}
return

I'd use another command (Click works, I've tried), but send is the only one I know that will act like I actually pushed the wheel to the left. Meaning if my mouse driver's settings say wheel to the left = volume down, it turns the volume down. Click will act like SetPoint doesn't exist and scroll to the left. (I really need SetPoint to still react to it for a bunch of reasons that I won't list now.)
Aenfa

Re: Send {WheelLeft} doesn't work

03 Sep 2016, 09:26

Anyone?? Send {WheelLeft} and Send {WheelRight} also aren't working for me. How do I get it to work?

EDIT: I have found it works in web browsers but not File Explorer windows. Not sure why.
lexikos

Re: Send {WheelLeft} doesn't work

05 Sep 2016, 01:37

Physically scrolling/tilting the mouse wheel does nothing in File Explorer on Windows 10, so of course, Send {WheelLeft} does exactly the same.

As for the OP's problem, I would expect SetPoint to react to the specific Logitech mouse or mice which are configured by it, and not react to simulated input, which is never associated with a device. Also, I'm fairly certain that Click WL and Send {WheelLeft} use the same code and methods to simulate WheelLeft, so they should have the exact same effect. The only exception is that if a modifier key such as Ctrl or Alt is pressed, Send will automatically release it by default.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”