horizontal scrolling in Windows Explorer?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Skrell

horizontal scrolling in Windows Explorer?

07 Jul 2016, 12:05

Does anyone know of a script that would allow me to force scrolling horizontally in a windows explorer window when I hold a key+scroll up/down ?
Skrell

Re: horizontal scrolling in Windows Explorer?

07 Jul 2016, 12:50

This does not work with Windows Explorer...it works with other applications but not WinExplorer. Unfortunately this is the behavior I've found with most of these horizontal scroll scripts... Hoping someone somewhere figured out the exception to make WinExplorer work.
punchin

07 Jul 2016, 13:32

It only ever needs to scroll to the side in detail mode. Do you need to have it in detail mode? If you're constantly looking at information to the right then you can go to the view menu and down to "Choose Details". You can reorganize and size the columns there.

Either that or you can emulate your own explorer with a gui that loops through all the files in your selected folder and displays a listview with the info requested.
Shadowpheonix

08 Jul 2016, 16:35

punchin wrote:It only ever needs to scroll to the side in detail mode. Do you need to have it in detail mode? If you're constantly looking at information to the right then you can go to the view menu and down to "Choose Details". You can reorganize and size the columns there.
Actually, List mode (my personal preferred view) also needs to scroll to the side. ;)

That having been said, this works on my system...

Code: Select all

!Up::
Send {WheelUp}
Return

!Down::
Send {WheelDown}
Return
Not entirely sure why this is needed though, as PgUp and PgDn automatically scroll to the side in these views without needing AutoHotkey.
punchin

08 Jul 2016, 18:11

Shadowpheonix wrote:Actually, List mode (my personal preferred view) also needs to scroll to the side. ;)
To clarify, I meant that a macro for this would only be needed in detailed mode as all other modes either have no horizontal scroll or the mouse wheel or page up/down work just fine. I prefer list view in all my non-picture folders at home, but at work were I need to keep track of modified times on files, I use detailed. I just customize the columns and window size though so I don't have to scroll.
Shadowpheonix

08 Jul 2016, 18:19

Ah. I use detailed view so rarely that I had forgotten it is actually capable of getting both a vertical & a horizontal scroll bar. The code I posted earlier does NOT work in detail view.
Cr8zy_Ivan

03 Jun 2020, 09:44

Is there any coding involved or a innate function of Windows 10 Explorer?

I've tried the Right Click + Mouse Wheel, and it does nothing
Cr8zy_Ivan

15 Jun 2020, 06:18

Although this is not an AHK solution per se, this Freeware does the trick. And does so many other things, it is truly awesome.

QTTabBar
http://qttabbar.wikidot.com/

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”