"Explorer" subclassed/themed Listview and TreeView controls, draw explorer style focus rectangle

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
gwarble

"Explorer" subclassed/themed Listview and TreeView controls, draw explorer style focus rectangle

19 Aug 2016, 15:46

Hey all,

I recently discovered that you can use some of Windows' own classes for things to get your own guis to look more like windows explorer windows:

Code: Select all

SetWindowTheme(hListView, "ItemsView") ;or "Explorer"
;...
SetWindowTheme(hwnd, str) {
 Return DllCall("uxtheme\SetWindowTheme", "Uint", hwnd, "Str", str, "Ptr", 0)
}
It looks great (triangles on the TreeViews instead of +'s, selection rectangle is "glass"ified, etc... but the selection/focus rectangle is showing the normal dotted line rectangle instead of the rounded solid rectangle that explorer uses

I found a thread about it:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... Kg3t1GNiLo

that says to use class named "ItemsView" and draw the rectangle with DrawThemeBackground (on part id 3 and state id 1 or 2). I'm trying to make sense of this (and get DrawThemeBackground working to draw a uxThemed button, but thats another issue) and i think i have to OnMessage WM_NCPAINT and do the drawing there, but i'm in over my head.

If anyone has any tips or insight it would be greatly appreciated

WM_NCPAINT( wP, lP, msg, hwnd ) { ;not working attempt
hDC    := DllCall("GetDC", "UInt", hwnd)
hTheme := DllCall("UxTheme.dll\OpenThemeData", uInt, hwnd, Str, "ItemsView" )
if(hTheme)
{
 VarSetCapacity(pRect, 16, 0) ;replace with getRect...
 NumPut(0,    pRect,  0, "Int")
 NumPut(0,    pRect,  4, "Int")
 NumPut(100,  pRect,  8, "Int")
 NumPut(100,  pRect, 12, "Int")
  DllRet := DllCall("UxTheme.dll\DrawThemeBackground", Ptr, hTheme, Ptr, hDC, uInt, PartID:=3, uInt, StateID:=1 , Ptr, pRect, Ptr, 0, uInt)
}
DllCall("ReleaseDC", "UInt", hwnd, "UInt", hDC)
Return 
}
"Explorer" or "ItemsView" subclassed:

Normal:

The focus rectangle I want:

The focus rectangle I get:
Last edited by gwarble on 19 Aug 2016, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
gwarble

Re: "Explorer" subclassed/themed Listview and TreeView controls, draw explorer style focus rectangle

19 Aug 2016, 16:19

oops, thanks
fixed first post, same result
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
Helgef

Re: "Explorer" subclassed/themed Listview and TreeView controls, draw explorer style focus rectangle

19 Aug 2016, 17:39

Try this:

DllRet := DllCall("UxTheme.dll\DrawThemeBackground", "Int", hTheme, "UInt", hDC, "Int", 3, "Int", 1 , "Uint", &pRect, "Uint", 0)
gwarble

19 Aug 2016, 18:06

thanks man! that works for the drawing the rectangle (and for buttons!)

now i think instead of drawing it on the window's DC i need to ownerdraw or customdraw the listview control, find the dc and rect where the rectangle would normally be drawn, prevent it, and DrawThemeBackground at that point

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”