Input needed from Korean/Thai/other keyboard users

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
lexikos

Input needed from Korean/Thai/other keyboard users

07 Oct 2016, 20:01

A few months ago a GitHub user (ironsand) submitted a pull request to add names to some keys which are standard on Japanese keyboards. One of these keys swaps between character sets (hiragana/katakana/romaji). After some discussion, ironsand brought up a possible conflict with other input languages:
Furthermore after this pull request I noticed that vkF2sc070 is a key code for "KanaHira", but when input language is changed to Thai or Korean, it becomes vkFFsc070. Honestly saying I don't know how should I treat this problem.
My tests with GetKeyVK/GetKeySC on the Korean 103/106 keyboard layout in Windows 10 (which indicates it has a "Hangul/English Toggle") indicated that vkF2 and sc070 map to nothing and vkF3 maps to sc5F, but doesn't appear to do anything. That's not consistent with the above.

I need someone with an actual Korean keyboard to confirm the scan code, virtual key code and function of any special keys, such as the Hangul/English toggle key.

The same for Thai keyboards
(and while we're at it, any other physical layouts that have such keys), except that I haven't done any testing and know even less about the keyboard layout.

Note: I know nothing about the Korean or Thai languages.

Code: Select all

#InstallKeybdHook
KeyHistory  ; F5 to refresh.
Multiple names can be given to a key (within AutoHotkey), but one name will take precedence for KeyHistory and GetKeyName. If these keys are given names, I'd prefer the "primary" name to apply to all layouts/languages which have that key.
goagal

Re: Input needed from Korean/Thai/other keyboard users

22 Jul 2017, 06:23

Hello there,

I am using a Korea 106 keyboard.
As your notice that, the VK,SC code would be different between the native korean input and the others.

For example, with the hanji key.
In the korean input, the code is vk19 and sc1f1, but in the other input languages such as English, Chinese,Japanese,the code is vke9 and sc071.

In fact, I have test the autohotkey functions with the special keys. It would only works in the native korean input, it seem that the korean input could only know these keys.

The other input could not works, wether I use the vk or scan code to remap the key.

I also use the keyboard test utility to define the vk and the scan code, if I use the korean input the vk code would be named VK_HANJA, but in the other input the same key would be named VK_OEM_RESET.

Hope that would be a little help.

Any questions please feels free to contact me,

Nelson
lexikos

22 Jul 2017, 20:15

Thanks.

Are you saying that:
  • the hanja key has a different scan code depending on the input language?
  • neither vk19:: nor vke9:: work for the hanji key when the input language is not Korean, even though ListHotkeys shows e9?
I did not think it was possible for input language to affect scan codes.

So vk19:: works for the hanja key when using Korean input language?
goagal

22 Jul 2017, 22:05

Yes, vk and sc code is different from the Korean and the others.
And yes, the vk19 is works when use Korean input, but others languages not.
lexikos

25 Jul 2017, 03:54

And yes, the vk19 is works when use Korean input, but others languages not.
It sounds like you are not answering the question I asked.

vk19 should not work with the other languages, because the key produces vke9, not vk19.

Does vke9:: work with the other languages?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”