Enttec Open DMX DLL call

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
x32

Enttec Open DMX DLL call

19 Dec 2016, 09:53

I'm hoping to be able to use AHK with the Enttec usb to DMX converter for controlling stage lighting. All of the existing applications I can find are geared toward DJs and do not work for my needs. They also all seem to have a long learning curve to just be able to turn a light on. I need a simple app just to set scenes that I can recall with a click.

The usb to DMX device uses the FTD2XX.DLL and dll calls are way beyond my abilities. I have cobbled together a call to open the device and it seems to work but I can't be sure. Could someone look at my example and let me know if I'm even close to getting it correct?

Next I have to figure out how to write to the converter to control the lights. It looks to be much more difficult so I would like to know I'm at least on the right path before proceeding. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by x32 on 06 Mar 2023, 18:05, edited 2 times in total.
TLM

Re: Enttec Open DMX DLL call

21 Dec 2016, 00:23

The response looks good. Sometimes if I'm unsure I will deliberately try to return an error ;)
kon

21 Dec 2016, 11:49

The "FT_HANDLE" parameter should be "PtrP", no? since it is a pointer. "UIntP" would only work for 32 bit versions of AHK.
Edit: Or is it a pointer to a UInt, so "UIntP" is actually correct?
x32

20 Feb 2018, 13:54

I don't know why I didn't see these replies when you left them but thank you. I had given up after a few days as this is just way beyond my capabilities. I'm trying again as I found a dll call tutorial video on YouTube, AhkTuts.

However this is still way over my head so I'm looking for a significant amount of help and guidance. If there is anyone who would be willing to lend a hand I can compensate some but unfortunately not a lot. PM me and let me know what your rates would be. Thanks

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”