Screenshotting DLL Call failing on one computer

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
softwareeater

Screenshotting DLL Call failing on one computer

17 Jan 2017, 12:33

So I have a script that takes screenshots and saves them silently, and it's worked on most of my computers. But now I've run into difficulty. A side-by side comparison of it working and not working showed that both computers got to the line "Loop, %encodersSize%" but the failing computer skipped right over it, presumably since the var ended up blank. Any thoughts on this would be super appreciated, I'm a bit in over my head with all this DLL call stuff.

A snippet of my code:

Code: Select all

DllCall("gdiplus\GdipGetImageEncodersSize", "uint*", encodersCount, "uint*", encodersSize)

VarSetCapacity(encodersDump, encodersSize)
	DllCall("gdiplus\GdipGetImageEncoders", "uint", encodersCount, "uint", encodersSize, "uint", &encodersDump)

Loop, %encodersCount%
		{
		if !A_IsUnicode
			{
			encodersSize := DllCall("WideCharToMultiByte", "uint", 0, "uint", 0, "uint", Location, "int", -1, "uint", 0, "int",  0, "uint", 0, "uint", 0)
			VarSetCapacity(sString, encodersSize)
			DllCall("WideCharToMultiByte", "uint", 0, "uint", 0, "uint", Location, "int", -1, "str", sString, "int", encodersSize, "uint", 0, "uint", 0)
			if !InStr(sString, "*.png")
				{
				continue
				}
			}
		else
			{
			encodersSize := DllCall("WideCharToMultiByte", "uint", 0, "uint", 0, "uint", Location, "int", -1, "uint", 0, "int",  0, "uint", 0, "uint", 0)
			sString := ""
			Loop, %encodersSize%
				{
				sString .= Chr(NumGet(Location+0, 2*(A_Index-1), "char"))
				}
			if !InStr(sString, "*.png")
				{
				continue
				}
			}
		pCodec := &encodersDump+76*(A_Index-1)
		break
		}
kon

Re: Screenshotting DLL Call failing on one computer

17 Jan 2017, 16:12

It looks like your code was originally based on Gdip.ahk. Have a look at the Gdip_All version of the Gdip_SaveBitmapToFile function to see a 64 bit compatible implementation.

32 Bit AHK: Ptr = 4 Bytes
64 Bit AHK: Ptr = 8 Bytes

Gdip_All.ahk goes out of its way to remain AHK v1.0 compatible, but you probably don't want to do that. For example, StrGet_Name := "StrGet" is only included because the built-in StrGet function would throw a "Call to nonexistent function." error in v1.0. Gdip_All.ahk calls StrGet dynamically to avoid the error.
gwarble

17 Jan 2017, 23:23

It looks like gdi+ called directly, not with gdip ahk library, but the problem may be the same, check your bit-ness/unicodeness on each machine (or test by dragging directly to the 32bit and 64bit ahk version exes... )

to make the code universal enough to work on each, you probably have to adjust the widechartomultibyte call to be 64bit compatible, using a_ptrsize for the proper bit depth
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
kon

17 Jan 2017, 23:45

gwarble wrote:It looks like gdi+ called directly, not with gdip ahk library, but the problem may be the same, check your bit-ness/unicodeness on each machine...
That's what I said. And you missed my main point. Look at Gdip_SaveBitmapToFile. It's almost exactly the same, but Gdip_all already shows a fully compatible version.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”