Navigating through web based BMC Remedy

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Rirre

Navigating through web based BMC Remedy

20 Jan 2017, 10:46

Hi,

I use BMC Remedy very frequently and it's the same routine every day to close tickets in it so I made a simple script for it by sending keystrokes.
But of course there are some flaws depending on how quick it responds.
So, I'm going into more advanced level now to focus on those fields directly via HTML by getting the elements by ID.

I have tried several ways of doing it now though via eGet() function I found here but no success so I need someone with more knowledge to help me with this.
I'll try to my best to explain as detailed as possible for you to get an idea of how the script should be done.

This is how it looks for me.

The fields I need to navigate to are Request Assignee, Status*, Notes, Details (the tab beside of "Relationships"), and Save as shown in the picture.
All I need is to mark/highlight the field so I can send keystrokes in them and then navigate to the next field.
But if I use like this:

Code: Select all

SetKeyDelay, 10

Send {F3]		; Open 'Find'
Send Notes:			; Search for 'Notes:'
Send {Enter}
Send {Escape}

Send {Tab}
Send Type something...
If it send Escape, Tab and Send relatively fast, sometimes it works, but most of the time it wander off somewhere else. It cannot be too slow, that's for sure.
It's wandering off just when I use this simple script for it.

It works fine if I tab to each field from a starting point like Request Assignee but it happens that Notes: is greyed out (which means it's disabled from typing anything into that field) so it's tabbing to the button beside of that textarea for a full Notes description or the attachment button.
It's not so efficient to tab 20+ times though and very slow for each ticket.

Thanks in advance.
Rirre

Re: Navigating through web based BMC Remedy

20 Jan 2017, 10:53

God dammit, I forgot to post the elements, but anyway, each field has a id="" field assigned if that helps.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”