Remap Scrollwheel

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
scriptor2016

Remap Scrollwheel

02 Mar 2017, 00:48

Photoshop allows the option to zoom in or out when the mousewheel is scrolled up or down. This option is called "zoom with scrollwheel"

I would prefer to use the scrollwheel to do something else, such as re-size the current brush up or down. At the same time, I need to keep the "zoom with scrollwheel" option turned on, because it allows for a much faster zoom.

So here's what I did:

I remapped XButton1 and XButton2 to the scrollwheel as follows:

XButton1::
sendinput {wheelup}
return

XButton2::
sendinput {wheeldown}
return

Next, when I scroll the wheel up or down, I want it to re-size my brush, so I did:

wheelup::
sendinput [
return

wheeldown::
sendinput [
return

the above keys make the brush bigger or smaller.

But the problem is now it's conflicting- it's both zooming and re-sizing at the same time whenever I press XButton1/2 (in other words it's sending both wheelup/down AND the [ or ] key at the same time-- I understand why, but I'm wondering if there is a way to make it send ONLY wheelup/down? And then have the physical wheelup/down buttons on the mouse send [ or ]? I can't re-map the scrollwheel on the mouse (it's a Logitech G300), so that idea won't work.

I hope this makes sense. The crazy thing is, I had this working for the past few years - but as soon as I purchased a new drawing tablet, it stopped working, I can't figure out why. Now, looking back into my script, nothing has changed - so I don't understand why the code no longer works - it's something to do with the new tablet I guess.

Any help would be awesome :)
iresolver

Re: Remap Scrollwheel

19 Sep 2017, 17:21

when I remap scroll wheel up & down to resize brush it gives me error 71 hotkeys have been received
anyone know how to fix this?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”