Enter text into Chrome Text Field (possibly via Placeholders in the HTML?) Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
reboot689

Enter text into Chrome Text Field (possibly via Placeholders in the HTML?)

17 May 2017, 13:02

I have a web application I have to log into every day, and it only works in Google Chrome. So my solution must be via Chrome, IE won't work. I need to find and type username and pw into the text fields. I thought maybe looking for the placeholders in the HTML may help? I could likely select the text fields via mouse, but that's a bit slow and sloppy. The username field is also the first text box on the page, and password field the last. So if I could find the username field I can then tab to the password field.

Can somebody help me with this venture? I haven't found anything on this. so far.
reboot689

Re: Enter text into Chrome Text Field (possibly via Placeholders in the HTML?)  Topic is solved

23 Feb 2018, 14:23

This is what i came up with. Its not perfect as it relies on the Chrome tab always being in the Number 3 spot, And often ends up replacing the URL with my login info. But it works as intended, the first time, about 80% of the time. If it fails. i just reload the page and click the username line. and run the script.

Code: Select all

^!Numpad9::
WinActivate SIMPL - Synchronous Inventory Management and Provisioning
WinActivate ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1
Sendplay, ^3
WinWait SIMPL - Synchronous Inventory Management and Provisioning
Send, User{Tab}Passwd{Enter}
Return
gregster

Re: Enter text into Chrome Text Field (possibly via Placeholders in the HTML?)

23 Feb 2018, 19:52

Chrome doesn't have a COM interface, so it get's more complicated. You can probably get close with this: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42890

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”