Troubles on Windows 10

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
autohotkeytester

Troubles on Windows 10

19 May 2017, 16:18

Has anyone had troubles with AutoHotKey on Windows 10?

I have an AutoHotKey .exe I have used for years on Windows 7 with no problems.

When I first start it on Windows 10, it works fine but about 30 minutes later the functions are being executed when I haven’t called the shortcut commands.

For example:
I have one that types my email address which is triggered by Windows Key + e
When I am typing a word that contains the letter e, the function will start writing my email even though I didn’t press the Windows key.
autohotkeytester

Re: Troubles on Windows 10

22 May 2017, 17:20

Any ideas or suggestions?
WalkerOfTheDay

23 May 2017, 03:42

Looks like a 'stuck' Windows key. I sometimes get this too, but not only in Windows 10.
I don't even think it's AHK related. A lot of people have this. Just google 'Stuck windows key' and you'll get
loads of hits.

I just ram the Windows key a couple of times and it goes away. What happens when you press other
keys that don't have a hotkey assigned, for instance the R key ?

Does it open the 'Run' box ?
autohotkeytester

23 May 2017, 17:46

I just shook and blew out my keyboard, there was a little bit of dust. We will see if it continues to happen and if it does I will try another letter I have a different shortcut set on. Thanks
autohotkeytester

23 May 2017, 19:47

It occurred again, this time I didn't have the USB keyboard attached, I was using the MS Surface Book attached keyboard.

It didn't bring up the run box and pressing the other shortcut letters didn't run the functions.
DyaTactic

24 May 2017, 06:48

I had this problem with my "Win + Ctrl + L = Standby" hotkey. My idea was that Autohotkey misses the Win (or Ctrl) Down event when the key is released while the PC is going in Standby. After waking up Autohotkey still thinks the key is down.
I fixed this with a KeyWait, Ctrl command. This way the hotkey is only fired after Autohotkey sees the 'down event'.

Let me know if this helps.

Return to “Ask For Help”