Autohotkey on a Logitech Keyboard generates the wrong characters

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
ineuw

Autohotkey on a Logitech Keyboard generates the wrong characters

22 Jun 2017, 01:00

On Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit, I am using Version 1.1.25.01 of AutoHotkey with a Logitech MK700/710 wireless keyboard, the matching wireless Logitech mouse and the Microsoft installed keyboard driver. The language setting is always US English and AutoHotkey is loaded automatically at startup. After a couple of hours, the keyboard starts generating the wrong characters. For example À instead of the vertical bar |, etc. Is there anything I can do to avoid the problem altogether? Also until now I avoided using the Logitech Setpoint software just in case it may compound the problem. Any advice is most appreciated.
Win 10 Professional 64bit 21H2 16Gb Ram AHK current as of 2021-12-26 .
nnnik

Re: Autohotkey on a Logitech Keyboard generates the wrong characters

22 Jun 2017, 04:41

I don't know what you mean by starting AutoHotkey at startup since AutoHotkey is a language.
You can run AutoHotkey Scripts at startup and without knowing the specific Script we won't be able to guess what's the issue.
Recommends AHK Studio
ineuw

22 Jun 2017, 14:53

nnnik wrote:I don't know what you mean by starting AutoHotkey at startup since AutoHotkey is a language.
You can run AutoHotkey Scripts at startup and without knowing the specific Script we won't be able to guess what's the issue.
nnnik, this has nothing to do with the script loaded at start up. it has to do with a keyboard problem. But, to allay your concerns and satisfy your curiosity, this is the code line of the startup.bat in the startup folder. It is necessary because the autohotkey.ahk is not in the My Documents folder.

Code: Select all

"c:\program files\autohotkey\autohotkey.exe" "d:\ahkfunctionslibrary\autohotkey.ahk"
I only mentioned it because autohotkey.exe is always up and running. As for the "autohotkey.ahk", it contains a series of short keyboard scripts which you can look at here: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/User:Ine ... hotkey.ahk
Win 10 Professional 64bit 21H2 16Gb Ram AHK current as of 2021-12-26 .

23 Jun 2017, 02:05

Do you use the ANSI or Unicode version? I'll assume Unicode. You can update to a newer version of AutoHotkey - usually can't hurt.

If it happens after a few hours and updating AutoHotkey doesn't help why not simply reload AutoHotkey every hour or so using a SetTimer. Yes it may be a kludge but if it resolves the problem I'd say go for it.

Code: Select all

SetTimer, AutoReload, 60000 ; 1000 * 60 = hour, place this line anywhere above your first hotkey or hotstring

; at the end of the script would be a good place
AutoReload:
Reload
Return

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”