Explorer audio boost above 100%

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
jeeswg

Explorer audio boost above 100%

28 Jun 2017, 06:53

So I'm watching a video file or YouTube video, and 1 time out of 100, the volume is too quiet, I'd like to turn the volume 'up to eleven'.

Note: this might also be useful, if you have a laptop, with no external speakers available.

Does anybody know how to do this programmatically? Anyhow, I've provided some tips on how to do this manually. Cheers.

Explorer (Windows 7):
Win+R, type: sndvol, OK,
click the 'Speakers' icon,
Enhancements tab,
select 'Equalizer', (you do not need to tick/untick the checkbox),
at the bottom: 'Setting:',
pick a Setting e.g. 'Powerful',
or create a custom setting, called '<User Define>', by clicking '...',
and moving the sliders in the trackbars

Media Player Classic:
'View, Options...',
in the treeview: 'Internal Filters, Audio Switcher',
adjust 'Boost:'

[EDIT:] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render
You can export this key to a .reg file, before/after changing the settings, and compare using WinMerge or equivalent, to see what registry changes have been made. However, since the registry values are specific to the user, this is not a very 'easy to share' technique, and you'd have to experiment on each PC that you use. Plus you would want a method that doesn't need Admin mode, if possible. (Also, generally speaking, dll function or object method is always the way, you should never have to edit the registry.)
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”