Trying to send Ctrl Alt F11 to foobar2000

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Xproplayer

Trying to send Ctrl Alt F11 to foobar2000

14 Jul 2017, 03:19

Trying to send this simple keycombination to foobar2000 which is a global hotkey and I can't for the life of me get it to work. I've tried setting ctrl and alt down then pressing f11, sendinput, send, doing the key in brackets, doing !^ etc. What's the best method to do this just to make sure I have it right and if you want to you can throw it in a simple loop that repeats every 1 hour but thats just 1-3 extra lines of code not needed.

Thanks in advance, hopefully I'm just making a simple mistake!
Xproplayer

Re: Trying to send Ctrl Alt F11 to foobar2000

19 Jul 2017, 03:06

Not sure if bumping is a thing, but this doesn't seem to have any updates after 5 days :C
jeeswg

19 Jul 2017, 15:22

I can't see any menu item with Ctrl+Alt+F11 as a hotkey. Which AHK hotkey are you using, what keys do you want to send, what menu item/functionality are you trying to trigger?

Also, if it's a menu item that you want to trigger you might be able to use WM_COMMAND:
Get Info from Context Menu (x64/x32 compatible) - AutoHotkey Community
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31971

I might try:

Code: Select all

;I've added {LCtrl Up} to the start of each list of keys because the Ctrl in the ^q hotkey might cause interference:
^q::
SendInput, {LCtrl Up}^!{F11}
ControlSend,, {LCtrl Up}{LCtrl Down}{LAlt Down}{F11}{LCtrl Up}{LAlt Up}, A
ControlSend, ahk_parent, {LCtrl Up}{LCtrl Down}{LAlt Down}{F11}{LCtrl Up}{LAlt Up}, A
return
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
Xproplayer

19 Jul 2017, 18:29

jeeswg wrote:I can't see any menu item with Ctrl+Alt+F11 as a hotkey. Which AHK hotkey are you using, what keys do you want to send, what menu item/functionality are you trying to trigger?

Also, if it's a menu item that you want to trigger you might be able to use WM_COMMAND:
Get Info from Context Menu (x64/x32 compatible) - AutoHotkey Community
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31971

I might try:

Code: Select all

;I've added {LCtrl Up} to the start of each list of keys because the Ctrl in the ^q hotkey might cause interference:
^q::
SendInput, {LCtrl Up}^!{F11}
ControlSend,, {LCtrl Up}{LCtrl Down}{LAlt Down}{F11}{LCtrl Up}{LAlt Up}, A
ControlSend, ahk_parent, {LCtrl Up}{LCtrl Down}{LAlt Down}{F11}{LCtrl Up}{LAlt Up}, A
return
I'll try this code when I get home. It's a custom hotkey I built, not one built in. But I have the key set globally. And for AHK I'm actually wanting to send this command on a loop every ~ 2 hours.
Xproplayer

21 Jul 2017, 04:07

Turns out my loop wasn't triggering since I had it in a script with other code, not an issue with my send commands. cheers for the code!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”