Problem since Windows 10 update on 7/13

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
78thousandwinners

Problem since Windows 10 update on 7/13

17 Jul 2017, 06:54

Hi everyone--most of the hotkeys in my script have not been working for the last few days. I *think* that this coincided with a very large Windows 10 update that I ran on the morning of 7/13; it definitely interacted with the programs installed on my computer and changed the install date for many of them to 7/13.

Now most of my hotkeys won't work. For example, I usually type "\sssec" to get "\subsubsection{}", but that doesn't work. I also use Alt + j to get a particular line of bibtex code, Ctrl + i to get "\textit{}", and so on. None of these work.

Strangely, a few other hotkeys do. I have Numpad1 + m set to open a certain file on my computer, and that works. In fact as far as I can tell all the Windows Explorer hotkeys work, but none of the text shortcuts nor the alt/ctrl commands work.

Does that pattern mean anything? Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? I just re-installed the latest version (1.1.26.01) and that didn't help unfortunately. If anyone has any insight here I would really appreciate it!
78thousandwinners

Re: Problem since Windows 10 update on 7/13

17 Jul 2017, 08:24

Update: not all of the Windows Explorer hotkeys work, I've found. I have some set to an external hard drive (X:\archive...) and these don't work, but the ones set to locations on the computer itself work.
78thousandwinners

17 Jul 2017, 18:51

<bump> Apparently no one else is having this problem. I will do some more looking online in the meantime.
78thousandwinners

18 Jul 2017, 11:14

I've found the problem, and will record it here for anyone who may run into something like this in the future. The problem was a bad script in my .ahk file. I pasted in some script from the internet to do something that it didn't do, and then I forgot about it. But the script was creating some kind of problem that made it so that every hot key below it in the .ahk file wouldn't work, while those above it did work. AHK didn't say there was an error or a loop in the script or anything; I just happened to notice it while scrolling through. Deleted it, ran the script again, everything works.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”