MPress Large Resources

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Masonjar13

MPress Large Resources

25 Jul 2017, 20:47

Seems that if you use MPress and the resulting exe is over 32-41MB (I'm not certain what the actual limitation is, but it's somewhere in that range), attempting to run the compiled script will crash the process. The simple solution is to not use MPress, but that's not what I want to do. Can this be worked around? Preferably keeping the other file as resources of the exe, as it's meant to act as a standalone installer.
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build
TAC109

Re: MPress Large Resources

25 Jul 2017, 22:37

Compile_AHK_II is an excellent compiler which uses UPX for compression instead of Mpress. It has many other useful options as well. Thoroughly recommended.
My scripts:-
XRef - Produces Cross Reference lists for scripts
ReClip - A Text Reformatting and Clip Management utility
ScriptGuard - Protects Compiled Scripts from Decompilation
I also maintain Ahk2Exe
Masonjar13

Re: MPress Large Resources

25 Jul 2017, 23:35

Not interested in the script itself, seeing as I have my scripts self-compile via command line (function I wrote), and hand-edit all my .bin's. My preference.
Note: Compile_AHK II isn't an actual compiler, it just wraps Ahk2Exe.

I tried UPX, and it errors out during the compression attempt. Looks like I could get away with not compressing the resource via the --keep-resource= switch, but I can't figure out the parameters (what the type/name would be.. specifically the type).

I've tried compressing with exe, 7z, and 001-007 files (breaking up the 7z), none of which worked.
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”