Suppressing modifiers during playback

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Citizen Bleys

Suppressing modifiers during playback

27 Jul 2017, 10:24

I use AutoHotkey at work to play back some often quite long hotkeys, and I have a recurring issue with parts of them randomly showing up in all caps for no reason. AHK seems to think the shift key is being held down, as commas are converted to > and single quotes to double.

Google tells me there's a "blind" modifier that forces an ahk script to accept modifier keys, but is there an opposite-of-blind that says "if it's capital in the ahk file write a capital, and if it's lower-case write a lower case, no matter if you think shift is pressed or not?"

The same thing has occurred with two separate mechanical keyboards, and seems to happen less with the shitty one.

I have to run a memory-hungry Java application at all times, this may be related.

EDIT: actually, it's almost guaranteed to be that Java app that I am required to use -- quite frequently, when I type an AHK trigger into that application, it does not fire and I have to copy and paste it from a notepad window. Any way to work around a single app sabotaging AHK like that?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”