typing text, hidden window... I hope someone heard crouching tiger hidden dragon.

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
jbearnolimits

typing text, hidden window... I hope someone heard crouching tiger hidden dragon.

15 Aug 2017, 23:33

I could use a little help again. I am trying to get autohotkey to control a website in the background (hidden) while I work in the foreground. I have managed to make the script work while visible, but obviously I can't do anything but watch it go.

So I am curious as to how I can hide the one website that it works on (while navigating to pages with different titles) while I do something else? I would rather not be typing a book up and suddenly autohotkey is writing my book in the background or it is sending the background stuff to the book, if you understand what I mean.
gregster

Re: typing text, hidden window... I hope someone heard crouching tiger hidden dragon.

16 Aug 2017, 12:29

For background automation there is probably only one reliable option: COM automatization of the Internet explorer. There should be lots of threads available in the forum.
Wait, perhaps with other browsers you could also combine Selenium with AHK (Joe Glines made tutorials about that) or use headless browsers in general...

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”