Smoothing out simple mouse movements

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
zndr

Smoothing out simple mouse movements

16 Aug 2017, 14:12

Hi there!

I won't be linking a specific script for this question but it should be pretty general. I am assuming the only change(s) I would need to make would be to one specific value (move speed value) which I mention later on.

I'm working with scripts that move my mouse from the center of my application windows.

With the application center being the origin of my mouse movement,
my script:
- Moves mouse from origin -> leftwards x units at x move speed.
- Moves mouse from the left back towards the origin using the same values used above.
- Moves mouse from origin -> rightwards x units at x move speed.
- Moves mouse from the right back towards the origin using the same values used above.

Pretty simple; the mouse goes back and forth across my screen. I have two values to input to control the distance and the move speed of the cursor.

My question is - How can I make the cursor's speed value slow down to 50% of its normal speed during the areas around the side edges of the cursor's path?
Quick mspaint diagram :)

Let's say I have the movement units set to 25, and the move speed value set to 20. I want the move speed value to be decreased to 10 whenever the cursor's path reaches the read circles.

Think of a pendulum :D

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this. Any help is very much appreciated.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”