Zboard Merc woes

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Resfelm

Zboard Merc woes

17 Aug 2017, 07:43

Hello everyone, I will keep this short and to the point.

I have this keyboard
As you can see it has this peculiar looking gaming layout on the side. Up till recently it worked just fine, until Microsoft updated its driver support which made part of the keyboard stop working as intended.

More specifically QWEASD on the gaming side stopped working as before and instead started doing weird things like opening up my browser and the calculator.

I used AutoHotKey to find the SC values of these keys successful and I also made a script for remapping them to QWEASD which worked like a charm by simply using $SC168:: s for example

The issue is, for some of the keys the auto repeat is not working. Q, W, E and S refuse to auto repeat when held down while A and D auto repeat just fine even with the simple command I mention above.

I have tried some alternatives like loops and whiles, for example

$SC132::
loop
{
Send {w Down}
sleep 50
} until !GetKeyState("SC132", "P")
return

but nothing has worked so far, the key press is only sent once.

Any help is greatly appreciated, keep in mind I am total noob in AutoHotKey.
Last edited by Resfelm on 17 Aug 2017, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
BoBo

Re: Zboard Merc woes

17 Aug 2017, 10:06

More specifically QWEASD on the gaming side stopped working as before and instead started doing weird things like opening up my browser and the calculator.
Well, what about to sue Microsoft for a few million $ ? :lolno:
If not interested in money, what about to downgrade to the old driver?? :yawn:
Resfelm

17 Aug 2017, 12:45

Hey BoBo, the issue is not with the driver, it's with how Microsoft checks drivers since the latest update. It completely stops the specific driver from running altogether making all the special keys non programmable through the keyboard software.
BoBo

17 Aug 2017, 14:39

Feel free to read those 3 pages ...
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 2b0?auth=1

Btw, finally you could "freeze" your gaming environment (with your working driver/setting) within a virtual machine - to keep it separate from the constantly updated system.
Good luck.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”