Which AHK should I install? Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
CyberUFO9

Which AHK should I install?

17 Aug 2017, 15:57

I'm wondering which AHK to install. I downloaded the latest and I see AutoHotKeyA32.exe, AutoHotKeyU32.exe and AutoHotKeyU64.exe. I tried running AutoHotKeyA32.exe and all it did was to bring up the Help file. Every time I try to install something I have to get my company to approve it so it's a pain, and so I'd like to get the right name the first time. Maybe I should use the AutoHotkey_L_Install.exe that I used awhile back. Anyway, I'm confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
SirRFI

Re: Which AHK should I install?

17 Aug 2017, 19:17

A = ANSI, U = Unicode, 32 = 32 bit, 64 = 64 bit. You can install all at the same time, so it's not an issue. I think the installer has them all, You just pick which one should run by default.
I recommend using U32, because it will allow You to use way more various symbols, also probably most scripts are for that.
Use

Code: Select all

[/c] forum tag to share your code.
Click on [b]✔[/b] ([b][i]Accept this answer[/i][/b]) on top-right part of the post if it has answered your question / solved your problem.
cinematree

21 Aug 2017, 14:32

I am having the same issue as the person above. THe help file comes up and it doesn't seem like the program installs. And Autohotkey is nowhere to be found in my "Program Files" folder. I tried all 3 installers. Any ideas please?
obeeb

21 Aug 2017, 21:13

What exactly are you guys doing?
You should go to https://autohotkey.com/download/ click on "Download AutoHotkey Installer" this should download the "AutoHotkey_1.1.26.01_setup.exe" file and then you just run it and it installs Autohotkey.
There are no 3 installers there's only one, there are 3 different Autohotkey versions in the zip file. If this is what you are downloading then don't, download the installer.
cinematree

Re: Which AHK should I install?  Topic is solved

22 Aug 2017, 23:22

Ohhhh! I was thinking that where it says "Download Autohotkey Installer" at the top of the installer page, that that is just a graphical heading for the page (not the actual button to press to download the installer!) and that the download is the zip file below it. I'm usually pretty intuitive about these things. I thin it would help to clarify that for new users. Anyway, happy you figured it out. Thank you for your help.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”