add string to in front of ^c Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Imayokelguy

add string to in front of ^c  Topic is solved

18 Aug 2017, 18:59

I'm a totally new to Autohotkey and I not a programmer... so please forgive my lack of vocabulary.

I have a program that while its running listens for a specific "static"string plus a 5 or 6 digit number to be copied to the clipboard. "The 5 or 6 digit number corresponds to a document that's indexed within program" When 5 or 6 digit number copied to the clipboard with the preceding string the application automatically opens to document up.

I'm looking to create a hotkey that waits to append a string to a selected 5 or 6 digit number and sends it to the clipboard causing the application open the document. This will avoid having to manually add the string to each number I'm using.
Next if a document viewer is already open... and if the hotkey is pushed again using the different number It would first close the current open document in the viewing window and open the next document.

spy window tells me that the document viewer window is:
ahk_class TfrmImage
ahk_exe newlredo.exe

To close the viewer application window the user clicks on a button. spy window indicates that the button is ClassNN: TfcButton9

This will be my very first autohotkey script so I really could use some help getting up to speed.
Any hep would be greatly appreciated.
trust_me

Re: add string to in front of ^c

19 Aug 2017, 06:48

You can start the easy bit first:

Code: Select all

; Begin with setting a string and number to the clipboard

; hotkey F4 to run the code ,it will set the text Mystatictrigger followed by the number on
; the clipboard

F4::
inputbox,MyNumber,My Input,Enter Number,,200,100
clipboard:="Mystatictrigger" MyNumber
return

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”