About BlockInput and KeyHistory

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Uzume

About BlockInput and KeyHistory

24 Aug 2017, 03:15

I'm currently using this blockinput command:

Code: Select all

Alt & Esc:: Blockinput, % "O" ( ( Lock := !Lock ) ? "n" : "ff" )
What it does is basically toggle BlockInput On/Off by pressing Alt + Esc. I'm using it to prevent my roomate from "hacking" my PC whenever i leave it and go to do stuffs. But sometime i forgot to turn BlockInput on before leaving and..... yeah.... :facepalm: So i try to step it up a bit, and my question is:

Is there a command to auto turn on BlockInput on if KeyHistory hasn't received any action (keystroke, mouseclick) after a period of time (i.e 2 minutes)? In other word, after 2 minutes of inactivity, BlockInput will be auto turned on and can be turned off later by a key, e.g Ctrl + Esc or sth like that.

Note that i'll use this new command (if it exists) along with the old blockinput command so i hope they won't clash each other

Mini question: This may sound trivial, but i just wanna confirm: KeyHistory can only track keystrokes and mouseclicks, not mouse movement right?
DyaTactic

Re: About BlockInput and KeyHistory

24 Aug 2017, 07:14

With SetTimer you can check the time the user did nothig. This includes mouse movements.

Code: Select all

; In the AutoexecuteSection:
TimeToBeIdle := 60000 * 2	; Set the requiered idle time to 2 minutes.
SetTimer, CheckIdleTime, % TimeToBeIdle

Return	; End of AutoexecuteSection

CheckIdleTime:
	If (A_TimeIdle > TimeToBeIdle) AND (Lock = 0) {
		Blockinput, % "O" ( ( Lock := 1 ) ? "n" : "ff" )
	}
Return
Is this something you searched for?
Uzume

25 Aug 2017, 23:15

It didn't work at first. After some changes, it worked a few times, oddly enough, but then back to not working again. I'll keep looking into it, thanks for your help anyway

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”