ToolTips: set border colour (custom font/colour ToolTips) (borders around windows/controls)

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
jeeswg

ToolTips: set border colour (custom font/colour ToolTips) (borders around windows/controls)

12 Sep 2017, 07:04

There's a rumour that the Progress command will be removed from AutoHotkey v2. I often use the Progress command to create a large font ToolTip, and so I'm trying to recreate these large 'Progress ToolTips' by creating a ToolTip directly.

Anyhow, pretty much everything is working, however, I'd like, if possible, to be able to set the border colour, or simply remove borders. At present, it appears that whatever you set the text colour to, the border uses that colour.

E.g. in ToolTipEx_sample.ahk, the text/border colours were the same in both example ToolTips:
ToolTipEx - custom fonts and colors in ToolTips - AutoHotkey Community
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4350

Any general comments on the script, or on creating ToolTips, are welcome.

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

Last edited by jeeswg on 07 Mar 2018, 10:46, edited 4 times in total.
jeeswg

Re: ToolTips: set border colour

12 Sep 2017, 10:45

There's another rumour that the SplashImage command will be removed from AutoHotkey v2. I often use the SplashImage command four times to create borders around a control, and so I'm trying to recreate these 'SplashImage Borders' by creating a GUI with a hole in it directly.

It's not relevant to ToolTips directly, although it is related to GUIs and borders. Anyhow, I wanted the two pieces of code to be kept together.

Last edited by jeeswg on 07 Mar 2018, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
jeeswg

Re: ToolTips: set border colour

13 Sep 2017, 10:37

Well, for the sake of the border colour, but actually, probably to result in a more versatile i.e. easy to modify script, 'Progress ToolTips' by creating a GUI from scratch using DllCall:

Btw doing this has reminded me of issues to do with setting the colours of controls with the Gui command, it would probably be good if AHK v2 supported this natively. It's a classic thing that people want and ask about, even as newbies.

Return to “Ask For Help”