I programmed my own email addresses and this used to work like a charm in Internet Explorer for years. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and started using Edge. Unfortunately, for some odd reason, typing j@ will trigger the hotstring but the replacement string will stop at the @ sign (ie. jsmith@) and no more input is possible until I reload the page, thus effectively loosing everything that was entered before.
I did some investigation and I realised that it does not happen with all the input fields. Perhaps some Java or Ajax code behind some fields is causing this weird behaviour. I further investigated and discovered that when I use my keyboard in English (Windows key and Space bar to switch the input method), the problem never happens. In US English, the @ sign is entered by pressing [shift] +  while in Canadian French, the @ sign is entered by pressing [Alt Gr] + , which could explain the different behaviour.
Although it is a peculiar and perhaps very specific problem, this is somewhat annoying as I have been using this script for such a long time. Possible workarounds include going back to Internet Explorer or Chrome or some other browser (they are not affected), but I would love to start using Edge. Another workaround is to always switch to English keyboard before typing the hotstring, but this requires some extra keys to be pushed, which somewhat defeats the hotstring in the first place. Lastly, I figured that if I modify my script to:
it solves the problem. This is perhaps the most acceptable workaround although there could be some side effects I have not discovered yet.
HOWEVER, I am reporting this peculiar problem here with the hope that someone either found a better workaround or, better yet, a fix for that in order to make AutoHotkey even more rock solid.