Help with a downloader program Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
medic6332

Help with a downloader program  Topic is solved

17 Oct 2017, 14:44

I would like help writing a program. Its a little advanced of a concept for myself. I would like to make a AHK script that goes onto a website and downloads files. I dont want to have to manually determine which files it downloads, but i also dont want to download duplicates of a file. I do have to login into the website to grab the files. There are a couple different directories and i want the files from the specific directories to o in specific folder. Is this too advanced for AHK? I do not want to use a download manager.
Exaskryz

Re: Help with a downloader program

17 Oct 2017, 17:00

Because of the nature of needing a login, I would recommend using COM with Internet Explorer. There are tutorials on using IE and COM in the Tutorials forum. COM is basically an interface for other programs to use IE and control it.

Alternatively, there is a Non-AHK solution. There is an extension for Firefox called Snap Links Plus (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... LinksPlus/). There may be a Chrome counterpart to it. It works by letting you use a hotkey (without AutoHotkey), such as a Right Click and Drag, and it'll select a bunch of links. You can set if you want it to download them or open them in new tabs. And it does automatically remove duplicates.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”