Select a specific text in bold in upper case.

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
keitsuke

Select a specific text in bold in upper case.

18 Oct 2017, 06:19

Hi, :D I'd love someone to tell me or help me with a task I'm trying to automate. It has a website that I generate certificates, and I need to save the file with the whole name of the person that appears in the file, the name always appears in a specific line and always bold and upper case. Is it possible for me to enter some autohotkey command for it to select that name? regardless of width? (from the name of course) Thanks to everyone who has read. :wave:
boiler

Re: Select a specific text in bold in upper case.

18 Oct 2017, 07:37

Is the name the only thing on that line that is in upper case? What other text is around it? You can likely use RegExMatch to extract the name depending on what other text is around it and how repeatable it is. A few examples showing a range of what that line could look like would be best.
keitsuke

18 Oct 2017, 08:12

boiler wrote:Is the name the only thing on that line that is in upper case? What other text is around it? You can likely use RegExMatch to extract the name depending on what other text is around it and how repeatable it is. A few examples showing a range of what that line could look like would be best.

Here is an example. (the target its the "random name")

That's the way I wanted it. :D
boiler

18 Oct 2017, 10:47

So it will always have ">>>>" and "<<<<" around it? That makes it super easy.

By saying the target is "RANDOM NAME", then Joe Smith would show up as ">>>>JOE SMITH<<<<", not "JOE SMITH", correct?

If not, given your example, the target is actually ">>>>RANDOM NAME<<<<".

You may think I'm nitpicking, but you have to be precise in what the page will show in order determine how to extract the name.
keitsuke

19 Oct 2017, 07:19

boiler wrote:So it will always have ">>>>" and "<<<<" around it? That makes it super easy.

By saying the target is "RANDOM NAME", then Joe Smith would show up as ">>>>JOE SMITH<<<<", not "JOE SMITH", correct?

If not, given your example, the target is actually ">>>>RANDOM NAME<<<<".

You may think I'm nitpicking, but you have to be precise in what the page will show in order determine how to extract the name.
No :D , it does not have an ">>>>" or "<<<<", I have put it just to help focus on the target name :P

In your example, it would appear as follows: JOE SMITH

I would like him to select and copy the name regardless of the last name length, as the rest is easily performed by mouse (click on print and save as pdf, then press ctrl v and save)

Thanks for the attention :)
boiler

19 Oct 2017, 07:32

One way to do it is to select and copy all the page text (send control-a and control-c), then use RegExMatch using the needle (?<=contra ).*(?= nem).

19 Oct 2017, 08:39

boiler wrote:One way to do it is to select and copy all the page text (send control-a and control-c), then use RegExMatch using the needle (?<=contra ).*(?= nem).
Thanks man, I will try this, if i need any help can i PM you?

Thanks for all :D
boiler

19 Oct 2017, 09:39

Just post here so I can help if I have time, as can others.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”