Clicking on a certain button on a web page

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
mlegions

Clicking on a certain button on a web page

18 Oct 2017, 17:49

Hello all,

I'm trying to work out a script where i click a button on the webpage, so I can close a ticket.

Now, the issue that i'm having is that I have to first tab over to a field, then I have the script the hit the Down key once. The system says please wait. It gets the 'No' in the field i wanted. The only issue is that once the system finishes it picking 'no', from the dropdown box, that field is no longer highlighted. So I can't choose Tab, nor Click for the next part of my script, to moce it to the next button that says 'Close'. I heard you can grab the element, but i'm lost at that point.
Here is the element from Inspect:

<input class="btn" id="thePage:theform:PageBlock:j_id107:ButtonId" name="thePage:theform:PageBlock:j_id107:ButtonId" onclick="A4J.AJAX.Submit('thePage:theform',event,{'similarityGroupingId':'thePage:theform:PageBlock:j_id107:ButtonId','oncomplete':function(request,event,data){getEnclosingTab();},'parameters':{'thePage:theform:PageBlock:j_id107:ButtonId':'thePage:theform:PageBlock:j_id107:ButtonId'} ,'status':'thePage:theform:actStatusId'} );return false;" value="Close" type="button">

And here is the selector(if needed)
#thePage\3a theform\3a PageBlock\3a j_id107\3a ButtonId

So here is the end of my script. I just need to know how to finish it by going to the 'Close' Button, and then clicking that button.
send {Tab}
Send {Down}

Thank you a ton!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”