Cursor Set installer

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
theimmersion

Cursor Set installer

13 Nov 2017, 07:11

Hey all! I have a few cursor sets that i wish to create a gui driven installer. The issue is i cant figure out how to install the .inf files or to translate them into ahk form. So far its a single msgbox install driven script that will be later made into a gui with multiple cursor sets:

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

So, i guess it would be harder to translate the .inf code into ahk code, im fine with triggering .inf files but how do i trigger its install function rather then default open (in default notepad editor)?
Any help appreciated! :)

EDIT:
For consistency sake, sorry, the CHANGE sub is used from here by Capn Odin.

and the .inf file im testing it on is from here by theblueguy07

.inf contents:

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

It actually comes with a few bonus cursors that need to either be manually installed or changed in the .inf file. I wanted to created an installer to make it easier for me to switch between different sets etc... Also plan to send him the installer when im done if he wants it to make it easier for everyone to install different cursor combos.
BoBo

Re: Cursor Set installer

14 Nov 2017, 13:15

Search your box for "iexpress.exe" ... (and the web for further details)
Good luck :)
theimmersion

Re: Cursor Set installer

14 Nov 2017, 14:54

Thanks! Ill look into it. This isnt a dynamic approach tho, is it? The deal here is to show the user a few cursor types and every type has a few dufferent cursor looks. User selects which ones he wants and script installs. My original idea was to write a new inf file when user presses install button. Im combing through iexpress and looks like I need to create inf and instruct iexpress to compile it and than run the created exe. Doesnt look intuitive at all. xD

Return to “Ask For Help”