Rogue character appear when pasting/SENDing £ Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Panzerbjrn

Rogue character appear when pasting/SENDing £

16 Nov 2017, 11:56

I have a strange problem, I have created a reply to recruiters, but when it enters the £ sign, I get this "£" and I can't figure out why.

This happens when I use the clipboard (ClipSaved/ClipBoard) or SEND to make it type out the characters.
If I manually copy from the AHK file (CTRL+C), I can paste it manually fine (CTRL+V).
In the AHK file there is only a space between the £ symbol, and the previous word.
It doesn't matter where I try to run the command (Notepad++/Notepad/Word/Outlook/Outlook.com/this forum), it always happens.
I downloaded the latest AutoHotKey executable, and crated a new AHK file in Notepad just in case.
:headwall: best describes how I feel right now...

Any ideas?
jeeswg

Re: Rogue character appear when pasting/SENDing £  Topic is solved

16 Nov 2017, 13:45

Hello, this sounds like the same problem you had before:
Can't SEND pound sign (£) - AutoHotkey Community
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39021

It definitely sounds like an issue relating to UTF-8 in some way, because UTF-8 stores the £ sign using those 2 characters.

You would probably want to make sure you are using a Unicode version of AutoHotkey.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
Panzerbjrn

Re: Rogue character appear when pasting/SENDing £

20 Nov 2017, 06:03

Yes, it was exactly the same, sorry.
I didn't realise I had already asked it, as I hadn't ticked the box for getting responses by email, and once I had posted this question, I couldn't delete it until after it was moderated...

And when I saw I had asked it before, I went and implemented the fix suggested there and everything is working wonderfully now, thanks.
jeeswg

Re: Rogue character appear when pasting/SENDing £

20 Nov 2017, 10:23

That's very interesting, thanks for the explanation.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”