Loop files in specified folder and perform action on individual files Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Bones23

Loop files in specified folder and perform action on individual files

20 Nov 2017, 06:57

HI

Sorry if I'm being dense here, I've searched the forums and looked at the help pages and am struggling to work this out.

The scenario: I have a list of files in a folder which I want to individually open, perform an action, then close again. My working code is:

FileSelectFolder, MyFolder ; Ask the user to pick a folder.
msgbox, %MyFolder%
Run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" "%MyFolder%\blank.pdf"

What I can't work out is how to loop the file names into a variable so instead of "%MyFolder%\blank.pdf" but I require "%MyFolder%\%MyFile% with each iteration of the loop amending the MyFile variable to the next file name in the folder

I am only just beginning to use AHK so any guidance would be greatly appreciated :)
Bones23

Re: Loop files in specified folder and perform action on individual files

20 Nov 2017, 07:28

Ok so I think I have now realised I don't need to assign the file name to a variable because the File-Loop will automatically do this for me: I have now amended my code to read:

msgbox, %MyFolder%
Loop, Files, %MyFolder%
{
msgbox, %A_LoopFileFullPath%

;The below line works to open Adobe DC
Run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" "%MyFolder%\%A_LoopFileName%"
Xeo786

Re: Loop files in specified folder and perform action on individual files  Topic is solved

20 Nov 2017, 07:31

Code: Select all

Loop, files, %Location%, R
	Run, %A_LoopFileFullPath%
see loop, files for examples
"When there is no gravity, there is absolute vacuum and light travel with no time" -Game changer theory
Bones23

Re: Loop files in specified folder and perform action on individual files

20 Nov 2017, 09:38

Thanks Xeo,

I realised I was running an old version AHK and the syntax I was using from the help guide was for a more recent version. I have amended to the older versions syntax and is now working like a treat :)

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”