GUI: identify control type

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
jeeswg

GUI: identify control type

21 Nov 2017, 02:42

- Based on this link here:
How to account for changing ClassNN info - AutoHotkey Community
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40120
- Some AutoHotkey commands designed for controls that usually have the class 'ComboBox', also work for controls that have the class 'WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.#######_r9_ad1' (where the #s are hex digits).
- Is it possible to retrieve information about a control that might confirm what its 'type' is, other than the class name?
- I could try using SendMessage, and see if I get a return value or ErrorLevel that meets expectations, but the response might coincidentally give similar results, and if you send a particular message to a particular control of a different type, there might be negative consequences.
- I would like, in theory, to be able to check a control's type, before trying to interact with it, but so far the only mehods I have are getting the class name, and trying a SendMessage. Note: if you want to get text from a control via a remote buffer, you'd like to know it's the right control type before you begin, before risking crashing the program. You, who might have some expertise, might not even be using the function, it might be someone else.
- Thanks for reading.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”