Enable Win 10 Emoji Tool with non-english keyboards?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
ewerybody

Enable Win 10 Emoji Tool with non-english keyboards?

04 Dec 2017, 05:48

Hey Autohotkey crew!

For me this went under the radar for a while: MS released an Emoji Panel with the Insider Preview Build 16215:

So it appears via hitting Win+: or Win+. Did someone notice?

I wanted to pass this along to colleagues but some of them have german keyboards and they simply just enabled it on english ones!!
So far I wasn't able to hack it to work. But maybe someone of you already did it? Or can help how to do this?
Cheers:
ëRiC
wolf_II

Re: Enable Win 10 Emoji Tool with non-english keyboards?

13 Jan 2018, 04:48

Thanks for posting, interesting panel.

I have got an English (UK) keyboard. I have two languages installed: English (UK) and German.
In order to see the Emoji Panel, I followed the instruction on the website you linked.

I installed now English (US) keyboard layout, (which is undesirable at first, since almost all keys match, but not all of them)
This has allowed me to use the new panel.

What exactly does not work for you?
ewerybody

Re: Enable Win 10 Emoji Tool with non-english keyboards?

29 Jan 2018, 12:48

Hey Wolf_II. well thanks for answering! :]

So it also does work for me on an english keyboard! But I'd like to know if there is a way to enable this for german keyboard users.
I don't get why they excluded other keyboard users anyway. Would be nice to lift this barrier somehow.

Maybe we can hack it so that it enables english keyboard, calls the panel and switches back to german in one go? :|

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”