Bit of a strange question maybe?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
JPRGod

Bit of a strange question maybe?

06 Dec 2017, 02:31

First off, sorry for not having the question in the title, I just thought it might be a bit of a mouthful there.

Basically I was wondering if something would be possible in AutoHotkey and figured this would be the best place to ask. The engineers at HKEMS that made the "light"guns my question is in relation to told me it wasn't, but I just wanted a second opinion before I completely scrapped the idea.

I have two USB lightguns purchased from HKEMS that act as mice in the computer, the guns themselves have 6 "buttons" corresponding to mouse1, mouse2, mouse3, mouse4, mouse5 and mousewheel. On the back of the guns there is also a little D-Pad (Up, Down, Left, Right) but unfortunately, in their current state they're mostly cosmetic. The makers of the product told me that because a mouse only has the 6 "buttons" mentioned above, the only way to use the d-pad was to set the Up-Down-Left-Right to mouseclick of my choosing, and then once that is done, set a keyboard key as well to the D-Pad in their software. If you haven't lost interest yet, this leaves the obvious problem of, for example, if I push Up on the D-Pad, it'll press W, desired effect, but then also press one of the mouse-clicks (let's say mouse4), undesired effect.

Thanks for sticking with me so far! And I'm sure you know where this is going by this point. Would it be possible for AutoHotkey to "capture" the keypresses being put in, and then ideally - as an example - if it detects Mouse4 being clicked, sees if it's Mouse4 being clicked, or Mouse4 AND W, and then act accordingly (mouse4 if mouse4 was pressed, W only if W and Mouse4 was pressed)... I did a bit of light googling, but it was hard to really find what I was looking for specifically, so if anybody could let me know if I wouldn't be wasting my time getting to work on that, I'd really appreciate it! :)

Thanks!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”