Sethook WM_Char message

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
robodesign

Sethook WM_Char message

11 Dec 2017, 07:52

Hello!

I am trying to improve my script [KeyPress OSD] and I learned I could monitor WM_CHAR and WM_Deadkey with onMessage. I managed to do this, in the current GUI, that is, if the script window is active. However, by nature of the intended purpose of my script, I cannot have it focused/active. I need to monitor those Windows Messages widely and show them in my OSD while it is not active.

According to the information provided on these two pages, it can be done.

https://www.codeproject.com/articles/50 ... ar-message
http://www.spyrix.com/how-to-make-a-key ... urself.php

I have to use SetWindowsHookEx function [msdn] for GetMessage [of 0x102 - WM_CHAR] use CALLBACK KeyboardProc and CALLNEXTHOOK. I've seen people here doing even more complex DLLcalls... as such, I believe this is possible as well with AHK,

However, I am not that good at DLL calls. Can someone please help me?

Thank you very much.

[Background info]. This is a script I use to aid me, and hopefully other people as well, see what I type in small text fields. It renders for me, in many instances, useless to zoom in for every small thing I type, because it shows with big letters what I type in any app. However, it currently lacks proper support for dead keys. The purpose of listening to WM_CHAR and WM_DEADKEY is to show in the OSD what dead key was pressed and the result. Now, it cannot do this properly. I hardly even made it not to kill the dead keys for the user. With your help, I would be able to make it better. Thank you.

Best regards, Marius.
-------------------------
KeyPress OSD v4: GitHub or forum. (presentation video)
Quick Picto Viewer: GitHub or forum.
AHK GDI+ expanded / compilation library (on GitHub)
My home page.
robodesign

Re: Sethook WM_Char message

17 Dec 2017, 17:25

Bump. Anyone? Nothing?
-------------------------
KeyPress OSD v4: GitHub or forum. (presentation video)
Quick Picto Viewer: GitHub or forum.
AHK GDI+ expanded / compilation library (on GitHub)
My home page.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”