Is there a way to perma-scrolling by WheelDown after two twkstroles like "sc"

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
sholzers

Is there a way to perma-scrolling by WheelDown after two twkstroles like "sc"

15 Dec 2017, 02:30

Hi there,

I'm a n00b to Autohotkey and am wondering how a script might look like, that would permanently scroll with the mouse downwards on a website e.g. upon a key combination like Ctrl+S+C (SC for scroll). Could somebody help me please?

Greatly appreciated, kind regards from Vienna, Austria
Susanne
elModo7

Re: Is there a way to perma-scrolling by WheelDown after two twkstroles like "sc"

15 Dec 2017, 03:42

There it goes buddy!
◄ How it works ►
Usage: Press Middle Mouse Button and while that is pressed use mouse wheel up/down to make it scroll, stop it by pressing any mouse button again.

UPDATES
*Fixed too fast scrolling for web use.
*No need to press shift, just middle mouse button and while that is pressed use mouse wheel up/down to make it scroll, stop it by pressing any mouse button again.

Hint
If you remove the Sleep, 50 lines you can do something like finishing the the100meterscroll challenge in around 40 seconds.

Code: Select all

#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
#SingleInstance, Force
#Persistent

; Set toggle var to 0.
toggle  := 0

; This controls the speed of scrolling
SetKeyDelay, 100
return

~MButton & ~WheelDown::
	toggle := 1
	loop{
		if (toggle = 1){
		Send  {WheelDown}
		Sleep, 50
		}
		else
		{
			break
		}
}
return

~MButton & ~WheelUp::
	toggle := 1
	loop{
		if (toggle = 1){
		Send  {WheelUp}
		Sleep, 50
		}
		else
		{
			break
		}
	}
return

~MButton::toggle := 0
~LButton::toggle := 0
~RButton::toggle := 0
Last edited by elModo7 on 26 Dec 2017, 04:22, edited 1 time in total.
sholzers

Re: Is there a way to perma-scrolling by WheelDown after two twkstroles like "sc"

15 Dec 2017, 06:10

Hi There,

thanks for your quick reply.

"Usage: Press Middle Mouse Button and while that is pressed use mouse wheel up/down to make it scroll, stop it by pressing any mouse button again."

Thats what I thought, but its not working with a Logitech G900 on Twitter or Facebook Timelines. Won't scroll further, is only reloading the time a single time. Same at your side? Maybe some new fcbk or twtr restrictions? Thanks
sholzers

15 Dec 2017, 06:11

Hi There,

"Usage: Press Middle Mouse Button and while that is pressed use mouse wheel up/down to make it scroll, stop it by pressing any mouse button again."
Thats what I thought, but its not working with a Logitech G900 on Twitter or Facebook Timelines. Won't scroll further, is only reloading the time a single time. Same at your side? Maybe some new fcbk or twtr restrictions? Thanks
elModo7

26 Dec 2017, 04:21

sholzers wrote:Hi There,

Just tried it on twitter main page, I set it to scroll and it keeps showing new stuff.
I'm using google chrome.
sholzers

26 Dec 2017, 04:42

So then maybe its most likely an Logitech firmware issue?
elModo7

26 Dec 2017, 10:25

sholzers wrote:So then maybe its most likely an Logitech firmware issue?
It works on other things? I mean if you press wheel and then scroll down on youtube for example, does it auto scroll?
I mean mouse should have nothing to do with the script, you can change it to something like control downarrow if it's a mouse thing.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”