Renaming process in task manager

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Lerch

Renaming process in task manager

17 Dec 2017, 08:16

Hello.
I have been using AutoHotkey for around a year now and always been able to find the answers on the forum but i am struggling with this one.

I have made a pixel based healer which me and my friends use in a game.
Recently its has been detected by the games automatic detection software.
I have done tests to see what the game is detecting and have found that the healer only needs to be opened whilst logged in to the game, it doesn't need to send any input or search for pixels which has made me think it is searching for the process in the task manager.
I have made the application name to be random which works fine in the task manager but the process name i can't figure out how to also give it a random name.
is it possible to do this to a compiled script or does it always have to be the same name in which you saved the .exe as?

I have also seen on the forum about using the hyde.dll function but cannot find the function code.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance
KuroiLight

Re: Renaming process in task manager

17 Dec 2017, 11:31

[this should go in the game sub-section of the forum]
You can probably get away with using UPX and renaming the exe. Cheat detection software detecting AHK will usually look for more than just filenames, since AHK compiled scripts are binded with the AHK binaries themselves they are easier to detect.
Windows 10, Ryzen 1600, 16GB G.Skill DDR4, 8GB RX 480 | [MyScripts][MySublimeSettings] [Unlicense][MIT License]
01/24/18
[/color]

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”