Fall creators update causing wierd issues

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
jkpieterse

Fall creators update causing wierd issues

18 Dec 2017, 04:31

Since the fall creators update weird problems surface on my system, which appear to be caused by AHK.
I use this script to launch Excel:

^+e::
Run C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE
WinActivate ahk_exe EXCEL.EXE
return

If hit the shortcut key, Excel does launch, but any add-in I have checked to open with Excel causes error messages which are NOT caused by code in the add-in itself. Rather: Excel fails to open the add-ins completely.
If I start Excel through its shortcut on my desktop, everything works as expected.
boiler

Re: Fall creators update causing wierd issues

19 Dec 2017, 06:56

Perhaps you need to identify the working directory using the next parameter in your Run command so it can find the supporting files that run your add-ins.
Run C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
jeeswg

19 Dec 2017, 07:27

- As a workaround, use Run, but point to the shortcut.
- Following on from what boiler suggested, check the shortcut's Properties dialog for a working directory ('Start in'), and specify a working directory when you use the Run command.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
jkpieterse

19 Dec 2017, 07:58

Thanks a lot for your responses.
Neither option appears to work. I have reverted to setting hotkeys to the icons on my desktop (property of link)

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”