Invalid Hotkey

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
CrimePrince444

Invalid Hotkey

13 Jan 2018, 15:43

I'm trying to set < & v / > & v as hotkeys, but autohotkey sees them as duplicates. When I try `> & v it complains about it being invalid.
boiler

Re: Invalid Hotkey

13 Jan 2018, 17:30

Do you really have "<" and ">" keys on your keyboard? On mine (and most US keyboards), those characters are shifted "," and "."
lexikos

16 Jan 2018, 02:51

A bug caused the < and > to be interpreted as modifiers (as in <! for left alt) for the purpose of comparing hotkeys. Since the left/right modifiers have no effect when they're not paired with another modifier, they are seen as duplicates. v1.1.27.05 fixes it.
GreatGazoo

16 Jan 2018, 22:30

i was able to make something work earlier for someone wanting control ><, it took me a few but i found some way to work

Code: Select all

;holding left control and left shift, then >< runs calc.exe
*<^<+><::
run, calc.exe
return
;tested
that's really as close as i was able to get using >< as a hotkey, period works but not comma for obvious reasons

;hold control an press period
*^.::
run, calc.exe
return
;tested
as a hotstring, threw a comma in there for fun

;tap control then tapping . , runs calc
:*:^.,::
run, calc.exe
return
;tested
of all the keys and possible button combinations people try to focus on the few keys that are difficult to work with, why "v" and not "b" its right next to it why not control n or alt b, i don't understand, we can choose any combination of keys or strings to use
lexikos

18 Jan 2018, 03:57

>< is not a key. < is a key, and the > preceding it is a modifier symbol being used in the wrong context and having no effect. (Maybe you really meant > or < and did not mean to use the code exactly as-is.)

Comma works just fine.

*^,::run calc
It also works without the *, which would only be necessary if you were holding Shift, Alt or Win as well (excluding any modifier which is required to produce "," with your keyboard layout).

The hotstring :*:^.,:: does not work as you described. You must literally type ^.,, where ^ is the caret symbol (Shift+6 on the US layout), not Ctrl.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”