Users Posts vanishing? Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
User

Users Posts vanishing?

19 Jan 2018, 14:03

Hi,

2 days ago, a user from this forum mentioned a post of mine, How to genuinely compile a script? Is there any "loop" faster alternative?, so I decided to revisit the post, and to my surprise, 2 or 3 posts (I'm not remembering very well) mentioning "IronAHK" and "7-Zip" were and still are missing!

This really doesn't bother me because the missing posts don't contain important script codes, but I'm wondering, what if posts with important script codes are vanishing from this forum for unknown reasons?

Have any of you here in this forum noticed if any of your posts are vanishing just like mentioned above? Thanks!
BoBo

Re: Users Posts vanishing?

19 Jan 2018, 14:39

I only know those cases. A thread ...
1) has been moved bc it has been posted at the wrong section.
2) has been removed bc its content has violated any forum/common rules.
3) has been removed bc it has been posted multiple times.
4) a post has been re/moved bc of 1), 2) or 3)
User

19 Jan 2018, 16:19

BoBo wrote:I only know those cases. A thread ...
None of the above options apply in this case, It seems to me that the server itself is removing posts for unknown reasons!
BoBo

19 Jan 2018, 17:11

User wrote:
None of the above options apply in this case, It seems to me that the server itself is removing posts for unknown reasons!
Looking at your details (at the left) there was minimum one incident that gives me the idea that the second option might have been used in your case. But TBH that's plain guessing.
FanaticGuru

19 Jan 2018, 17:32

User wrote:
This is for Threads. Post within a thread, which sounds like what you are talking about, could have been deleted by the poster. I am not sure. Never tried deleting one of my post.

FG
Hotkey Help - Help Dialog for Currently Running AHK Scripts
AHK Startup - Consolidate Multiply AHK Scripts with one Tray Icon
Hotstring Manager - Create and Manage Hotstrings
[Class] WinHook - Create Window Shell Hooks and Window Event Hooks
User

19 Jan 2018, 17:48

BoBo wrote: Looking at your details (at the left) there was minimum one incident that gives me the idea that the second option might have been used in your case. But TBH that's plain guessing.
there was minimum one incident? what incident? That must be a server error! I don't remember about any minimum incident!

Is the "minimum one incident" related with "IronAHK" or "7-zip" posts? That's strange! Can't you investigate that "minimum one incident" further?

Besides, I see no "minimum one incident" (at the left)
gregster

Re: Users Posts vanishing?  Topic is solved

19 Jan 2018, 22:23

In my experience, most users that are missing posts are just remembering it wrong and posted the "missing" posts in a similar thread.
That's not dramatic (although I know that you love a little bit of drama) and totally normal. In this case, concerning "IronAHK" and "7-Zip", could it be that you are looking for this really inspiring thread instead: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... it=ironAHK ?
User

19 Jan 2018, 22:44

gregster wrote:In my experience, most users that are missing posts are just remembering it wrong and posted the "missing" posts in a similar thread.
That's not dramatic (although I know that you love a little bit of drama) and totally normal. In this case, concerning "IronAHK" and "7-Zip", could it be that you are looking for this really inspiring thread instead: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... it=ironAHK ?
What? You love drama? Why do you love drama? Now everybody knows why you always act so dramatic ...!

Besides, I'm not looking for anything, I just thought that posts were disappearing for unknown server issues, so I created this thread!

Anyway, you are an hero, you solved the problem and you really deserve a medal!
gregster

19 Jan 2018, 23:21

I am always happy to help. A simple 'thanks' is ok for me. You can save the poppycock for a more interested audience.
BoBo

20 Jan 2018, 06:44

gregster wrote:... You can save the poppycock for a more interested audience.
User is already in focus for exactly that reason :geek:
User

20 Jan 2018, 06:48

gregster wrote:I am always happy to help. A simple 'thanks' is ok for me. You can save the poppycock for a more interested audience.
What? You like poppycock and you feel happy for doing poppycock?

Well, I will not judge you for that , that is just the way you are and I will respect your way, but I must tell you that you will not find your audience here is this forum!

And a big "Thank" you for solving this mystery!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”