Mac like hotkeys on new Windows 10 Feb.2018

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
ihatewindows

Mac like hotkeys on new Windows 10 Feb.2018

09 Feb 2018, 17:04

So despite me turning off windows update on via regedit, services, and delayed update + metered connection it still updated and forced the update down my throat and now my scripts don't work.

I rebound my alt keys to Rwin and my Win Keys to Lalt using KeyTweak but now I get Window's system hotkeys triggered when I try to use commands.
(I prefer the Mac keyboard layout now with command and alt swapped.)

For example win+c triggers win+ctrl+c and then turns on color filters instead of copy. Does anyone else have this problem or have a workaround?
This is the code I was using before and worked great until ... Windows.

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

Also if anyone knows how to permanently stop windows updates and/or permanently disable windows hotkeys AGAIN please let me know as well.
gregster

Re: Mac like hotkeys on new Windows 10 Feb.2018

09 Feb 2018, 17:50

Probably you could try a different #MenuMaskKey ( https://autohotkey.com/docs/commands/_MenuMaskKey.htm ) if you get unwanted Ctrl presses with the Win key... (but I don't seem to have such a problem on my Win 10, so I don't know if this could help).
ihatewindows

Re: Mac like hotkeys on new Windows 10 Feb.2018

09 Feb 2018, 18:50

Didn't seem to help, but thanks for trying. My problem is further complicated because I use synergy to control my mac and lwin works as command so I can't outright remove windows key either.

Return to “Ask For Help”