I need help with Toggle to Hold!

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
nyxpretesis

I need help with Toggle to Hold!

14 Feb 2018, 04:55

Okay so there's this game called Rules of Survival (I'm playing this on the PC Version FYI) and the lean buttons -- where you lean left/right (Q and E) are only TOGGLEABLE! Also, there's no option for changing it from toggle to hold in the game settings which really sucks. So all i want is a script where all i have to do is hold down the keys (either Q or E) instead of having to toggle it just like from PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds! I don't know how to script at all because i'm too lazy to study these kind of stuff, i'm sorry. Can anyone send me a script for this? Thank you! :D
divanebaba

Re: I need help with Toggle to Hold!

27 Feb 2018, 00:26

Hello
and welcome to the AHK-Forum.

I'm sorry, I can't tell you anything about Rules of Survival.
I only know a bit the Rules of AHK-Forum and one of this rule is to avoid double postings.
Be comforted, it is not a big thing for you, as a newcomer. A few people could just get bumped and deny support. Nothing really dramatic. :D

For your issue, I do not have any plan, but I think that toggling is made by your game and you have to set options or find a key or a combination that does not toggle.
If such a key or combination exist, you can remap your keys Q and E. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Einfach nur ein toller Typ. :mrgreen:
R0ck

27 Feb 2018, 02:34

Use

Code: Select all

Q:: Send, Q 
Q UP:: Send, Q

E:: Send, E
E UP:: Send, E
Should work, good luck! ;)
divanebaba

27 Feb 2018, 09:09

In this case, independently if the code works for your game or not, using the $ prefix is recommended, to avoid selftriggering hotkeys.

Code: Select all

$Q:: Send, Q 
$Q UP:: Send, Q
Einfach nur ein toller Typ. :mrgreen:

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”